Operation B14 has commenced

:(Hmm...bit sh1t!

Hopefully you’re the unlucky one. But the rust on the break looks like it’s been cracked for a while.

Seriously that’s not good :(

It was Sat inside the coil for 2 weeks before i discovered it, with these salty roads and 1000 miles since I heard something.

I called Bilstein uk up and they said call you're seller.

Called matt at vagnostics and he said email him and he'll look into it over the weekend.

Just waiting for mine to go pop at some point, I took them off my old T5 GP which had done about 75k and they have now covered a total of about 115k miles.

Had same happen on my t5.1 gp rear spring snapped ...
Bilstein would mot warranty it !
I ended up buying a full new kit as I could not get a replacement spring from them
No reply’s to my emails
Hope you get it sorted

Man 27k is not a lot of miles for the Bilstein's to fail, were over loading? i only ask as i am thinking of getting some when it get my new van, and these results are making me think twice!

I have a consistent 300kg load. Nothing massive.

My cmc rolloverc on my t5 snapped at the rear also.

It's only a spring. Nothing major, don't let that put you off. Let the diesel engine put you off and adblue engine codes every 2k.

Just had a text from the engineer who installed it and he said its all the way to the bottom, not 5mm up.

I'm booked in tomorrow for ARBs and to drop my b14s right down....how are yours bedding in and what's the ride like full down?

I'm booked in tomorrow for ARBs and to drop my b14s right down....how are yours bedding in and what's the ride like full down?

Hi, I've done about 700 miles since getting them done last week and I reckon its all bedded in now. No problems and the handling just seems to get better and better. I can honestly say its probably the best accessory I have had done including my cars and motorbikes. Loving it, no problems with it bottoming out anywhere and its nice to go under the car park height bars lol.

Hi, I've done about 700 miles since getting them done last week and I reckon its all bedded in now. No problems and the handling just seems to get better and better. I can honestly say its probably the best accessory I have had done including my cars and motorbikes. Loving it, no problems with it bottoming out anywhere and its nice to go under the car park height bars lol.
Totally agree with that..

Cheers for the reply....did you have the ARBs set up to there stiffest setting?

Cheers for the reply....did you have the ARBs set up to there stiffest setting?

Not sure but will ask them tomorrow and come back to you. They asked me how I wanted it and I just said as low as it goes lol

Much appreciated.....im thinking to go with the stiffer setting to reduce any body roll as much as possible

Coilover settle?

Mine never changed on my t6, neither did they on my t5, or both different sets I had/have on my Honda.

Does anyone know what rear springs are used in the b14s? Vagnostics or bilstein have not returned my calls.

Does anyone know what rear springs are used in the b14s? Vagnostics or bilstein have not returned my calls.

Doesn't it get so very tiresome when companies don't bother to even reply! You'd think in the age where people are happy to jump onto social media and rant, that they'd pull their heads out the sand, but No.
Different issue, but I sent 4 emails with pictures to Savini in America about my wheels corroding in less than 3 months, after the supplier told me they are not really ideal for winter use! Bare in mind these were several thousand pounds, but not once did I even get a response.
If I didn't reply to my emails, i'd be out of business in months!

Pathetic.

Well I called Bilstein uk who are based just down the road from me, I explained the situation to the lady sakers man person (who don't sell to general public) and whilst she can't help with warranty she gave me the rear spring part number.

e4-fd1-y196b00

Rear Spring for VW T5 B14 Kit - E4-FD1-Y196B00

So I bought a pair to replace both so I'll have one used spare spring for the future.

I hate warranty and this is why I don't go to VW for warranty repairs, by the time you have booked in to check the issue and then waited to see if they honor the warranty I have lost business. Far cheaper to sort it myself and crack on with life.

Rolls Royce Ghosts now off, Devonports back on....now it's in for ARBs and the B14s lowered....feeling a bit apprehenive

20180213_094243.jpg

Back