Operation B14 has commenced

Yeah I only here good things about them @ Paul Holmes they seem to have a shortage of T32 kits, they are due some in any day apparently. I for one cannot wait.

Bilstein just cant keep up with demand at present, there is a constant back order on B14’s at present

Here’s some before and after pics. Please don’t judge me on the state of the van :confused:
Side on before
13C1CD8B-8FB3-43D3-B841-184092C21141.jpeg
Side on after
3F8F6AA5-9A89-4B56-9B8C-9BF8AA6F52DD.jpeg
Rear wheel before
6196E704-891A-40CE-A18B-1D4B974B23BD.jpeg
Rear wheel after
237F0C56-8280-4DE7-A833-266A8E936E29.jpeg
Front wheel before
B5AA288F-2D66-4DF9-985B-1887D24ABDA3.jpeg
Front wheel after
6950C101-B21A-4360-BEB6-02747CDAA0C3.jpeg

I’ve been told the rear will settle in time, at the moment I think it’s a bit too high. In a few months there’ll be a roof and caravelle seat addin weight to the back so I’m going to wait until they’re done before getting the back end adjusted.

I’ve been told the rear will settle in time, at the moment I think it’s a bit too high. In a few months there’ll be a roof and caravelle seat addin weight to the back so I’m going to wait until they’re done before getting the back end adjusted.

I was told that. It never dropped by even 1mm...

Here’s some before and after pics. Please don’t judge me on the state of the van :confused:
Side on before
View attachment 15669
Side on after
View attachment 15670
Rear wheel before
View attachment 15671
Rear wheel after
View attachment 15672
Front wheel before
View attachment 15673
Front wheel after
View attachment 15674

you should be ashamed of yourself get it cleaned you man :laugh::laugh:

I fitet the B14 but the ride is stiff. Does any one know if there is any way to make it softer. The van drives good but for my taste its to stiff.

Had my b14's on for about 1200 miles now and just yesterday noticed a knocking from front when nearly full lock at low speeds, took it to place who fitted them (authorised bilstein dealer so do loads every year) and can't see anything obvious, anyone have any issues or heard of anything? It's a T32 kit if that makes a difference? The van is actually a T30 lwb DSG 204 a d as they took it apart they realised it had the t32 suspension, I'm guessing due to the weight of the van.
Only option is to put standard struts back on to see if it's still there.

Could be the end of the spring against the stop or even the CV joint?

No issues with mine, done many thousands since fitting, still as sweet and comfortable.

Could be the end of the spring against the stop or even the CV joint?

Just don’t have a clue! I had them on the t5 and had no issues, it really could be something else so going get them taken off today and swap to standard fronts just to see if it still does it..
Will post the outcome.
Just strange how I’ve done 1200 miles with no issues then this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue on mine and it was one of the nuts on the top of the strut was loose, got the spanner in there and not heard a peep since in 20000 miles

Back