Online Tyre Retailer Recommendation

Who have you used?

• Total voters
I've just had a set fitted today by Tyres on the Drive. Service was good.

@DXX where is a good place to start with looking for nearly new, ebay, FaceBook market place? What do you look for (or look out for) when buying used?
T6 Forum, Gumtree, Ebay etc; buy used wheels complete with almost new tyres, use the tyres and sell the wheels on. Don’t buy damaged wheels even if they seem a bargain as they are hard to sell on.
It pays not to wait until you need them and to fit in the collection with other journeys.
Look out for the manufacturing date on the tyres, you don’t want something that’s been sat at the back of a garage for 6 years.

I guess you can’t really check the manufacturing date if you buy online unless you have to send them back if you’re not happy I suppose

I've used Oponeo many times in the past as they are great on price and the search facility I find easier than Camskills.
However I am having a nightmare with Oponeo at the moment, ordered 4 tyres on 4th Dec, 10th Dec two tyres turn up with DPD.
The other two tyres don't register on the tracking with DPD and Oponeo claim they are with DPD but now have email from DPD saying they defo don't have them so will not be delivering.
Oponeo won't send another two tyres as their T&C's says you have to wait 30days max for delivery before they will refund or send again!!!

Phoning each day and emails, make no difference, nothing will happen till 4th Jan FFS! Their customer service is shocking!

I will be using another supplier next time, just be aware of their T&C's if ordering tyres, surprisingly DPD have been very communicative & helpful (even if they prob did lose/nick two tyres)

Only ever used Blackcircles and can't fault them. I use a local independant tyre place to fit them and they have no problem, apparently they can't even buy the tyres wholesale for the price the online retailers can offer them for so at least they get paid for fitting.

Well, I went with mytyres in the end. They have just emailed to say there was a delay, so we will see.

the tyre size, local fitting centre and price informed my choice.
thanks for all the replies.

I normally use blackcircles but I shop around to see who has what I need on offer. atseuro, kwikfit and costco sometimes have great deals. Kwikfit currently coming out cheapest for Michelin with the Honey extension.

Only ever used Blackcircles and can't fault them. I use a local independant tyre place to fit them and they have no problem, apparently they can't even buy the tyres wholesale for the price the online retailers can offer them for so at least they get paid for fitting.
Same for me.... only ever used black circles. I find it very convenient to narrow down and buy exactly what you want, then have them fitted at a time/appointment of my choice at an authorised black circles tyre fitters/garage local to me. Used them many times for my vehicles, my Mrs’s car and also family members.

Time to get the tyres changed on the Banded Steels, any recommendations for the best places online to buy?

For retail pricing I've always found Camskill to be very good. Not always the cheapest, but if you're looking to buy online and arrange fitment yourself then it's definitely worth having a look there first..

I usually check the prices on Oponeo then call my local independent tyre place (Oadby Tyres). The prices are normally more as you’d expect, as it includes fitting, disposal etc but not unreasonable. Also happy to support a local family run business.

Until my last couple of tyre purchases, I’ve always used Black Circles online…. they normally have some kind of deal/discount going on (depending on which tyres you want). I like that you can choose from a network of fitters and choose your appointment time/date too.

As with @Paynewright above, I’m now happy to support a local independent (Oadby Tyres).:thumbsup:

The tyre shop by the station in Andover often price match - think they’ve been bought out by Merityre

Black circles for me. I have a mate that fits them for me and I take the old ones to the farm in the village to go on the sheet over the silage pit.

Back