On-line-motor-store-uk

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Purchased via Flea Bay a grab handle support, ie, bracket that that rivet guns to the van, in order a grab handle could be fitted. On arrival could not fit due to the pop-top strength rail.
on-line-motor-store-uk. Refused refund of £27. Caveat Emptor

That's poor. In fact, that's illegal, if you asked to return within the specified period (is it 14 or 28 days now?). Assuming Ebay comes under the Distance Selling Regulations.

Worth going the small claims route? It is hassle but sometimes works.

Did you pay via PayPal? Regardless tell ebay and they'll refund you. Mrs sells on ebay and they 99.9% of the time side with the buyer.

OK contacted e bay and said that I was out of the 30 day period and nothing they could do as the seller refused the refund. They are still selling the same part.
They sell other VW T5 parts including mirror stuff etc, but mostly they sell for Ford Transits.
So Caveat Emptor as they say or buyer be aware That on-line-motor-store, you may or not have issues with.

You're not gonna like this, but this is seller beware imho.
Long distance selling allows 14 days to return, ebay provides 30 days, but you wanted what? 2 months?
I think it's a bit unreasonable to slate a business for that.

OK contacted e bay and said that I was out of the 30 day period and nothing they could do as the seller refused the refund. They are still selling the same part.
They sell other VW T5 parts including mirror stuff etc, but mostly they sell for Ford Transits.
So Caveat Emptor as they say or buyer be aware That on-line-motor-store, you may or not have issues with.
Would the part that you bought have fitted & worked, had it not been for the poptop part already fitted to your van?

I imagine it should have. But looking at it, it's pretty thin steel, as in you can easily bend with thumb and finger. Don't know about my 17 stone bod.
What annoyed me most was they are still selling these parts. It wasn't like 2nd hand / used. Just put it back on the shelf. But business is business I guess.

Back