Roamer Lithium LiFePO4 Seatbase battery

Sorry that not the best pic, I can only screenshot at moment as don’t have access to cad file. The ledge with the terminals on is 60mm deep.

Note the change in overall dimensions… it’s now 280mm wide to fit better in the T6.1 seatbase (down from 290mm) We moved BMS to the front to accommodate the new handles so it’s now 330mm long (up from 305mm)

Linolium............thank you bro...I have a T5 buddy an old un but need offgrid capacity......I have rib seat swivels which have different heights drivers to passenger hence needed the gaps filling in which Steve finally has......see the drivers sit's higher due to handbrake clearance.

I'm working with a part converted bus so making a mock up batt will allow me the luxary of knowing I can squeeze SB batt under passenger side, which will make life much easier for me as I fathom all the victron gear that will work around it

Ah god at last Steve I believe in your product mate but after ringing and no reply from Chris asking you above and knowing you saw that post I kinda wondered why I've been grafting so hard thanks for the details,top measures 270mm that's right isn't it? Soz mate shattered from all hours of graft

Cool now I can get me ead down and make me mock up and work into negative space

take care both:D

stu

Linolium............thank you bro...I have a T5 buddy an old un but need offgrid capacity......I have rib seat swivels which have different heights drivers to passenger hence needed the gaps filling in which Steve finally has......see the drivers sit's higher due to handbrake clearance.

I'm working with a part converted bus so making a mock up batt will allow me the luxary of knowing I can squeeze SB batt under passenger side, which will make life much easier for me as I fathom all the victron gear that will work around it

Ah god at last Steve I believe in your product mate but after ringing and no reply from Chris asking you above and knowing you saw that post I kinda wondered why I've been grafting so hard thanks for the details,top measures 270mm that's right isn't it? Soz mate shattered from all hours of graft

Cool now I can get me ead down and make me mock up and work into negative space

take care both:D

stu
Sorry Stu, I thought you’d had an email with the answer so I didn’t reply in this thread!

@RoamerBatteries ........................No worries kiddo not the end of the world, was just desparate to crack on tis all... as knew I'd taken on extra graft to buy your battery and I wouldn't get another window for a while

Anyways i've made me little wood mock up by god it's tight... at the moment with a RIB seat swivle ( N/S) i'm around 10mm too high.............. i've yet to remove the rubber mat but have removed the earth stud,but it IS going to be incredibly tight if possible at all

Steve I have a T5 not a 5.1 not a T6........do you know of anyone whom has fitted your SB batt to T5 with an RIB swivle on the passenger side? Does any one else know if VW have changed the height of the seat bases through the T5-T6 evolution?

I really want this battery Steve but i'm sketchy as hell right now ( it's alot of money!! That I won't be able to fit it under the passenger side . .which is really where I need it to go for various reasons.

I guess I might be able to raise the passenger seat, IE try and get hold of a couple of RIB fittings that they use for the drivers side seat to clear the handbrake ,but really I don't want to go there as to put it succinctly my darling only has little legs and I'm worried they wont touch the floor.which might make travelling uncomfortable for her.

Any thoughts please Steve?..............................or anyone else for that matter.there's so much knowledge on these transporter forums

many many thanks for any help

cheers

stu

@RoamerBatteries ........................No worries kiddo not the end of the world, was just desparate to crack on tis all... as knew I'd taken on extra graft to buy your battery and I wouldn't get another window for a while

Anyways i've made me little wood mock up by god it's tight... at the moment with a RIB seat swivle ( N/S) i'm around 10mm too high.............. i've yet to remove the rubber mat but have removed the earth stud,but it IS going to be incredibly tight if possible at all

Steve I have a T5 not a 5.1 not a T6........do you know of anyone whom has fitted your SB batt to T5 with an RIB swivle on the passenger side? Does any one else know if VW have changed the height of the seat bases through the T5-T6 evolution?

I really want this battery Steve but i'm sketchy as hell right now ( it's alot of money!! That I won't be able to fit it under the passenger side . .which is really where I need it to go for various reasons.

I guess I might be able to raise the passenger seat, IE try and get hold of a couple of RIB fittings that they use for the drivers side seat to clear the handbrake ,but really I don't want to go there as to put it succinctly my darling only has little legs and I'm worried they wont touch the floor.which might make travelling uncomfortable for her.

Any thoughts please Steve?..............................or anyone else for that matter.there's so much knowledge on these transporter forums

many many thanks for any help

cheers

stu
I'm not sure Stu, sorry. I've not had one sent back yet because it didn't fit though.... we've sold hundreds and one of those must have had that combo. How much extra space can you create by digging into the carpet?

I'm guessing about 6mm Steve.there's around 4mm loss bottom of swiv..............It seem more raised on the LHS of floor than the other side towards the front I think I might be able to win on the RHS but the left. is really worrying me I'm used to working fairly tight mate you can see it in the wood work ,but this ( at the mo) really worries me

Steve will the battery be sound secured to bare metal.......vibration sort of concerns me.probably illogical as the van batt just sits on metal?

Bud I might not be able to progress for a few days forgive me if replies are slow i might have to rethink and swap everything to driver side.which will be a right PITA but I reckon I've 14mm to play with there due to the mech RIB apply to clear handbrake on their swivs

Cheers muchly

stu

@RoamerBatteries @Dellmassive

Steve more of a follow up for the next guy that drops in here with a T5 and a couple of RIB seat swivles.........as far as I can make out without physically having one of your batteries in my grubby mitts..I can't shoe horn it under the passenger seat....but as I mused I've got clearance under the drivers due to the extra spacer RIB use to clear the handbrake ..when physically turning the seat.

Steve is the next shipment still due end of this month??

To Both.....................................Del Steve........Steve Del:)...........I'm going to be using an almost exclusive victron set up.........12 12 30B2B 75/15 MPPT paired to a PV logic 150W solar panel 20A victron mains battery charger and a 12 1200 VE direct pheonix inverter with a dongle fiingy A couple of questions...............I want to use an integrated positive bus bar with fuses as space is so tight under passenger seat.victron make a couple...............see here

Is the above going to be adequate? Or do I need the 500A version ( which I think is in the lower link )

Lads My heating come cooking is via a wallas XC duo........I don't really see me really pushiing the inverter I just sort of want everything a bit over specced.it's how I'm made I guess I want redundancy if ya like...flexibility

2 last Q's..........size of fuse for inverter cables for inverter 40MM2 I believe the pheonix has a 200A internal ( well that's what manual says) fuse............ so should I spec the cable fuse to 150A...cable run to bus bar will be very small probably less than 500mm as both will HOPEFULLY be under pass seat,

2nd Q main battery fuse just before 300A isolator to protect again 40mm2 cable run from roamer under drivers seat to +ve bus under far side of passenger seat? maybe 1.5 2M
will 250A be adequate?
Cable is this Semi Rigid 40mm² Battery Cable - 300 Amp [ALM Part Reference - BATF40] - £0.00 : ALM Solutions, Auto Electrical Parts and Accessories for Cars, Boats, Caravans and Campers

many thanks both

stu

Hey Stu, fingers crossed you can work it out... sounds like drivers seat is a winner though.

Unfortunately we've had a delay on the batteries. We’re now expecting to be able to deliver to customers on or shortly after 29th June. Theres a few factors involved here. We introduced a new quality testing process for this batch – this is an important addition to our manufacturing process and is going to help ensure we can lead the market in terms of cell and BMS reliability. It added a couple of weeks to the dates but as we had allowed a bit of headroom in the original delivery estimate, we were hoping we could still meet the end of May delivery dates. The war in Ukraine has obviously been a major problem and there was also complete covid shutdown for a week at our factory. The resulting backlog at the port has meant we missed our planned shipping route and we’ve now had to put the delivery dates back by a month.

I've used the 6 way fuse holder before, they're pretty chunky and you actually only get 5 connections (or 4 plus the main battery cable) unless you make your own busbar to bridge to the 6th connection point. The other one is crazy expensive once you add all the individual holders onto it. You might be better off with a Mega-Midi combi fuse box as this allows you to fuse the main battery cable as well as 4 circuits.... only £25 and very compact.

Using the Mega Midi will let you have 4 circuits - DCDC, Solar, 12V Fusebox and one more. If you go with separate phoenix and mains charger then thats 5. You could fuse the inverter seperately with its own in line fuse but I would just buy a Multiplus instead, gives you a mains charger, inverter and auto transfer switch. Saves space and a lot of hassle.

Yea that cable is fine, we normally use 35mm2 with the 1200VA inverters with a 200A MIDI fuse (or MEGA fuse if cabled directly with its own in line fuse).

G'day Steve.I guess I best hit an alert @RoamerBatteries as you may well be a busy bean like me Ta for the reply........my boy is a bright button gets it from his mum I guess,:D he showed me an image of all the container ships sat off China.that's why I asked..cheers for the details but I half expected things beyond your control to be at play, and a later delivery date;)

No probs there buddy,presumably you'll extend the pre order 10% offer?...when might that close?

So you are saying both fuse boards will be fine?.... At this time I'm unsure where I'll go Steve I've already got 2no 300A busbars here.iit's just a matter of fitting it all in and how best to do that

I'm kinda scuppered on multiplus Steve my apologies .........................I've already bought all the above gizmos made by victron.my wording was vague. the only big thing I'm yet to buy is a battery

mind although I'm very aware of the multi I thought they wouldn't fit under a VW T5 SB.did I miss something.not really for me this one but for the next guy :)

thank you

stu

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day Steve.I guess I best hit an alert @RoamerBatteries as you may well be a busy bean like me Ta for the reply........my boy is a bright button gets it from his mum I guess,:D he showed me an image of all the container ships sat off China.that's why I asked..cheers for the details but I half expected things beyond your control to be at play, and a later delivery date;)

No probs there buddy,presumably you'll extend the pre order 10% offer?...when might that close?

So you are saying both fuse boards will be fine?.... At this time I'm unsure where I'll go Steve I've already got 2no 300A busbars here.iit's just a matter of fitting it all in and how best to do that

I'm kinda scuppered on multiplus Steve my apologies .........................I've already bought all the above gizmos made by victron.my wording was vague. the only big thing I'm yet to buy is a battery

mind although I'm very aware of the multi I thought they wouldn't fit under a VW T5 SB.did I miss something.not really for me this one but for the next guy :)

thank you

stu
Yep preorders will run until they have been delivered to the UK, and we have a confirmed date to customers. Realistically this will be 2nd or 3rd week of June, we'll also put a countdown timer on the site.

Yes both fuseboxes sound ok to me, if you've got something that works then go with that

Soz Steve didn't understand at first your 3Rd option of midi mega FB. due the similar price tags........caught up now !!

don't know if it works buddy......haven't got a battery

@RoamerBatteries........Steve a quicky..is the +VE terminal on the RHS or LHS with the terminals nearest the front of the Van ( IE front of SB).................

I've just carved out a mount to fit front of VW T5 SB,to carry my main 300A isolator........the pics on your website show pos terminal RHS the drawing top of this page shows LHS

the final version pic on the page before RHS.....sorry for all the questions .tryiing to max space and unsure which side to drill the 52 mm hole

ta muchly

stu

Oooh thanks for raising this… you’re absolutely right, the image on the website has terminals the opposite way round. I’ll get designer to fix this asap! Here’s a pic of latest model, positive is on LHS (if looking at from behind with terminals at front)

C8276B36-E3A2-4614-8AA3-B746958D6CE4.jpeg

@RoamerBatteries Thanks are mine Steve I only got back to this this morn as i've been pulling all hours to buy your battery ;) Your response this morn means I can now crack on with me chippying.........as I only have today off your timing is perfect.

It's so easy to flip an image Steve it's not an issue it's just with space being so tight I needed to know

star

thank you:D

stu

I am wondering if I am a bit thick, but can anyone enlighten me on what the On-Off "Charge and Discharge" toggle switches do on my gen 1 Roamer Seatbase battery?
They seem to disable the power displayed by the app, but this seems to have no physical effect on the function of the battery. What am I missing?
F2EB346E-575A-4857-9BE7-70DBDC1A6A0F.png

I am wondering if I am a bit thick, but can anyone enlighten me on what the On-Off "Charge and Discharge" toggle switches do on my gen 1 Roamer Seatbase battery?
They seem to disable the power displayed by the app, but this seems to have no physical effect on the function of the battery. What am I missing?
View attachment 167326
Let's ask @RoamerBatteries for more info.

I would assume that it blocks the incoming or outgoing current flow to the battery.

It won't switch off the power...it will just block the flow of current either in or out of the battery.

The voltage will still be present.... Meaning your fridge will stay powered.

Back