Omnistor awning fitting

I have a Thule Omnistor 4900 3m length. I'm looking to mount it to my VW T6 LWB which has a Reimo Multirail and a SCA roof.

Can anyone reccomend which of these 4 options (images below) fits a Thule 4900 best with the Reimo Multirail and a SCA roof? It looks like the Brandrup adapter (4th image) can be fitted without drilling into the van?

Image 1 website link: https://www.leisureoutlet.com/awnings/awning-accessories/fiamma-awning-adaptors/6497-fiamma-multirail-reimobrandrup-vw-t5-f45-adapter-bracket-kit

Image 2 website link: Bracket\/Adapter to fit 4900\/F45 to Combi Rail

Image 3 website link: http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/pdf/Thule_Awning_Adapters_2017.pdf

Image 4 website link: Thule Omnistor Brandrup Rail Awning Adapter Kit

Thanks
David

Omnistor Brackets.jpg

Thule also do this bracket which is suitable for a pop top roof. I can't find it available to purchase on its own though. Speak to someone like rose awnings who are Thule dealers and may be able to help and also advise if two brackets of the 4th one you've looked at will be sufficient as its quite a weight to hang off some very small screws and sealant. Johns Cross Motorhomes m,ay be able to advise on Fiamma brackets as they have good feedback. The 2nd one is made by Vamoose conversions and is very strong ( i have them on a 2.6 but no pop top yet)

Thanks for the info.
Yes I'm tempted to go for the 2nd on (DV100). But I'd love to hear if anyone has used the 4th one.

Are you pleased with the bracket you've got?

Yes its well made. Any using drilled bolt holes does mean you will need a nutsert tool though as they use threaded inserts in the roof skin

Interesting thread, hope you don't mind me jumping in. I have a multirail with thule awning and fiamma brackets as earlier in the thread. My query is about fitting a drive away but I don't want to use the roll out rail. As the Fiamma bracket sits in the drive away slot, is it a case of just removing these brackets when on site. It's not possible to slide the tent past these brackets?

20200613_202021.jpg

20200613_202002.jpg

20200613_201946.jpg

I’ve always used the roll out rail. It does help set up the awning for me.
Do you have a rain guard to fit too?

Haven't got the awning yet, still deciding and don't really know much about them. I would hope that if using the rail (after finding out about the bracket issue) with a drive away, i won't need a rain guard??

anyone help on this - i have a thule 4900 and i have both brackets available - the ones that use the reimo rail and the ones that fit with the sca roof..

any opinions as to the best solution? @Wills which do you have?

Mine works very well with the reimo rail. Part of the bracket does attach to the van however which involves drilling the actual roof, no issues so far. But, we did have skyline contour the edge of the pop top to sit over the bracket, this stopped the roof squeeking while on the move.

what height does it take the thule? am i right in thinking its higher than the other method?

other quick question: does anyone have the details with regards to where exactly to place the brackets? the instructions are not clear?! The Thule brackets have very precise measurements detailed but fiammo not..

Back