Oil filter location? 150PS

Hanover

Can anyone confirm that the Oil filter is only accessible from underneath the engine after tray removal and that the Drain plug is made of plastic?
Any photo`s?
Thanks

Welcome.
Depends on which engine (code) you have. (you don't say..)
Also the oil drain plug and seal has to be replaced.

Please have a look at the attached and please consider becoming a VIP member as downloads are normally reserved for VIP members ;)

Attachments

• Maintenance-Oil_Change_T6F.pdf
    725.5 KB · Views: 644
Thanks for your reply.most helpful,
Engine code is CXHA.
Your`e advice re VIP membership.I got onto to Paypal to sign up then noticed its an automatic renewal.. or am I mistaken?
That said its great value for £1.08 per month.

Reactions: Loz
Hi
My T6 150 Shuttle has a just completed 10k miles and as I plan to keep it for a long time would like to change the oil. The dealer is only offering a 20k service and I was thinking of changing the oil and filter myself using an extractor pump. I've been trying to find the oil filter but haven't been able to do so.
Where is the filter located?
Thanks

I was just looking at the instructions for the oil and filter change. Mine's a 150 manual.....not sure of engine code. I'll be doing mine at 10,000 miles as I too will probably have mine a long time.....certainly 5 years. Anyway, I noticed that you have to remove the oil filter BEFORE draining the oil.
1) Does this sequence actually matter from a technical standpoint......is it just to reduce the chance of dropping oil on the ground as it mentions a valve opening on removal?
2) Is the sump plug plastic......if so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to stock them in the shop......or does everyone use one of those suction devices these days....are we going away from dropping the oil via a sump plug????
3) Am I a dinosaur......using a suction device doesn't seem as effective in removing ALL the old oil......surely removing the sump plug is more effective???? I'm more than happy to be corrected and dragged into the 21st century on this one!!
I just get the feeling even a bloody oil change is a lot more involved now! :(
Thanks guys.
MD
:thumbsup:

Further to that.....by the time I've bought all the stuff, I might just be as well taking back to the dealer to earn a bit of dealer good will......or do I need a slap?! :thumbsup:

If you pull the filter 1st the oil is dumped into the sump,so as long as you do it before replacing the sump plug i wouldn't worry.
The sump plug on mine eruo5 140 is a metal one.
The reason for me to use the suction pump was to try and keep everything the same as it left the factory (probably being a bit daft) so that when it goes in for its first service they won't know that I have changed the oil myself.
I found it a very clean job and the suction pump pulled exactly 7 ltrs which is what mine holds
Hope this helps

If you pull the filter 1st the oil is dumped into the sump,so as long as you do it before replacing the sump plug i wouldn't worry.
The sump plug on mine eruo5 140 is a metal one.
The reason for me to use the suction pump was to try and keep everything the same as it left the factory (probably being a bit daft) so that when it goes in for its first service they won't know that I have changed the oil myself.
I found it a very clean job and the suction pump pulled exactly 7 ltrs which is what mine holds
Hope this helps
Yes it does mate. Just curious though......if you used a genuine vw oil filter....how would anyone know you'd changed the oil?

Vw wont be able to tell that I have done a oil change , I just didn't want to put any marks on the sump plug as I said probably being daft.
The suction pump worked really well, I all ways manage to get oil splatter over the drive, the next oil change I do on one of my other cars I will use the pump then drop the the plug to see if the pump leaves any oil behind.
Cheers john

I know what you're saying........but I just put down loads, and I do mean loads of newspaper. I'm considering a suction pump though because surely to god, at 10000 miles and 12 months old, there won't be any sludge???? :thumbsup:

Yes it does mate. Just curious though......if you used a genuine vw oil filter....how would anyone know you'd changed the oil?
Why should it matter if you change the oil and filter your self, providing you use VW Genuine oil & filter ?

I was lead to believe that any work done must have a vat receipt to keep the warranty, if I have a problem with my vehicle (touching wood) I don't want to give vw any reason to wriggle out of it.
So if they ask I ain't touched it guvnor

You could get your local garage to do it and provide the receipt, providing it is done to vw specification should be no problem,
Farther in law has an independent garage and this is ok, he has inquired about it, and the main dealers cannot refuse if the work has been carried out to there specs,
Other wise it is a monopoly for the main dealers.

I am considering a diy interim oil change on my T6 150 engine. I have found the oil filter as above but find access very hard especially with a socket and wrench. Has anyone managed to change the filter? If so, how did you access it?

I was just looking at the instructions for the oil and filter change. Mine's a 150 manual.....not sure of engine code. I'll be doing mine at 10,000 miles as I too will probably have mine a long time.....certainly 5 years. Anyway, I noticed that you have to remove the oil filter BEFORE draining the oil.
1) Does this sequence actually matter from a technical standpoint......is it just to reduce the chance of dropping oil on the ground as it mentions a valve opening on removal?
2) Is the sump plug plastic......if so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to stock them in the shop......or does everyone use one of those suction devices these days....are we going away from dropping the oil via a sump plug????
3) Am I a dinosaur......using a suction device doesn't seem as effective in removing ALL the old oil......surely removing the sump plug is more effective???? I'm more than happy to be corrected and dragged into the 21st century on this one!!
I just get the feeling even a bloomin oil change is a lot more involved now! :(
Thanks guys.
MD
:thumbsup:

Just changed oil on my van. Failed to find oil filter (i really miss my 2k caddy for ease of access). So decided to change oil only (it is a first change- i have done 9k km in 2 months - originally planned to change it even earlier but was too busy).
Luckily i had 2x4l and 3x 1l bottles of oil lying around (not expected it to hold 7l+ i was up for real surprise ;) I don't know when my next (well first official one) service is (f$""£n flexible service according to sticker in manual and 30k miles according to sticker on sunvisor) but i guess it made no harm to replace oil only (far from perfect though - if knew that i will need more than 4l of oil i would replace filter for sure). I tried to push that button on dash board to get to service interval menu as mentioned in manual but i failed to get past setting time.
I think as someone said that sequence for filter first is mentioned only to make sure that you get rid of all old oil before replacing it with new one.
Sump on my one was 19mm metal bolt.
In my caddy suction device would leave at least half a glass of oil in the sump so i used in only twice - first and last time ;).
Ps if i to pay irish prices for oils (castrol edge in halfords 60e/4l and i think i saw it for nearly 80 somewhere else) it would make no sense to replace it by myself (vw wants 200euro for replacing oil vs roughly around 150 i would have to pay for parts only).
Castrol edge in Poland is closer to 30e/4l.

Just changed oil on my van. Failed to find oil filter (i really miss my 2k caddy for ease of access). So decided to change oil only (it is a first change- i have done 9k km in 2 months - originally planned to change it even earlier but was too busy).
Luckily i had 2x4l and 3x 1l bottles of oil lying around (not expected it to hold 7l+ i was up for real surprise ;) I don't know when my next (well first official one) service is (f$""£n flexible service according to sticker in manual and 30k miles according to sticker on sunvisor) but i guess it made no harm to replace oil only (far from perfect though - if knew that i will need more than 4l of oil i would replace filter for sure). I tried to push that button on dash board to get to service interval menu as mentioned in manual but i failed to get past setting time.
I think as someone said that sequence for filter first is mentioned only to make sure that you get rid of all old oil before replacing it with new one.
Sump on my one was 19mm metal bolt.
In my caddy suction device would leave at least half a glass of oil in the sump so i used in only twice - first and last time ;).
Ps if i to pay irish prices for oils (castrol edge in halfords 60e/4l and i think i saw it for nearly 80 somewhere else) it would make no sense to replace it by myself (vw wants 200euro for replacing oil vs roughly around 150 i would have to pay for parts only).
Castrol edge in Poland is closer to 30e/4l.
Welcome Gooral! Can I take it yours is a DSG? On the manual, you have to remove the underbody tray......8 bolts if I remember rightly and dead easy. I was tempted by one of those suction devices but decided it would leave crappy oil in the bottom of the sump so didn't bother. For me, it's gotta be sump plug out and filter off.....I have to admit, as simple jobs go....from start to finish, it was the most time consuming oil change I've ever done....hey ho. Castrol Edge at 30e/4l in Poland......b*ggar me......is anyone off to Poland anytime soon??:thumbsup:

Welcome Gooral! Can I take it yours is a DSG? On the manual, you have to remove the underbody tray......8 bolts if I remember rightly and dead easy. I was tempted by one of those suction devices but decided it would leave crappy oil in the bottom of the sump so didn't bother. For me, it's gotta be sump plug out and filter off.....I have to admit, as simple jobs go....from start to finish, it was the most time consuming oil change I've ever done....hey ho. Castrol Edge at 30e/4l in Poland......b*ggar me......is anyone off to Poland anytime soon??:thumbsup:

150ps manual.
I have no uderbody tray installed? But still i only found something which looks like caddy oild filter but it is upsidedown (big nut is at the bottom not at the top). i downloaded docked found here but had no time to properly look at it yet.
castrol edge 5w30 is about 120 pln (last time i was in poland euro was 4.3pln, £ was around 5.2pln) per 4l bottle (you can get 5l one for about 40?) it is not longlife one (it is another 10pln more expensive i think, but i don't bother since im planning to replace it every 10 kkm which is 2-4 months for my driving.. ;)
I usually get few bottles and ship it over. But i think on german ebay you can get similar price if you buy 4-5 bottles.

Back