OEM plastic underbody trim/covers

I drove through a reasonable amount of flood water today, van felt fine, no dramas. When I parked up however... the plastic housing under the passenger side had failed. I don’t know if what previously split and the water has done the rest or if it’s all from today. Is this easily replaceable on the drive or garage job?
BF007F3A-849C-4BC3-AB89-E98A8C4199B1.jpeg432BEE61-2064-4A72-BA92-C0F99EDF8EA5.jpeg

Very common on our vans - there are several threads on this, including this one it’s been merged with.

It can be done on the drive, but it really helps if you can get the front of the van up - I jacked the van up and put blocks under the wheels.

Pete

Threads tagged ‘underbody’

I did the same thing on a brand new 6.1. Replaced with a new one from VW @ £75.
Easy job if you jack up or even better, have some ramps. I was gutted but knowing it was a common problem, it eased the pain a little.

Reactions: P20
I've bodged it back together with some zipties until i can get round to replacing it. Will see how long it lasts!

So, went through a big bit of standing water at 70mph over the weekend which appears to have blown a massive hole and cracked a large portion a of this underbody tray. Anyone happen to know what part number this is so I can source a replacement?

It’s on the passenger side and runs from the wheel arch backwards, it’s a 2018 Kombi.

Thanks

Ash

0D0D2907-E952-4C86-9C14-3E7B8CA80091.jpeg

5B82DAAE-D79D-4297-9245-904F62520E2B.jpeg

Few threads on the subject, don’t know how to point you to them though, try underbody panels in the search bar.

This was mine recently for a 2016 Kombi. Around £65+vat from TPS. Mine was missing when I got the van leaving the wiring and connectors under the adblu tank exposed. The other side was damaged but repairable with fibreglass

IMG_20210406_085049.MEDIUM mod.jpg

IMG_20210406_085110.MEDIUM.jpg

VW told me a couple of weeks back that one of mine was missing (2017 Kombi)

so is this yet another weak link on the van that VW should be replacing ?

VW told me a couple of weeks back that one of mine was missing (2017 Kombi)

so is this yet another weak link on the van that VW should be replacing ?
Crawling around, fitting my tow bar wiring, I discovered that mine was badly damaged by the previous owner. Not sure how!

Has any one got a vw t6 lwb they could tell me if at the rear of the van drivers side we’re exhaust stops behind rear wheel should they be any plastic covers or a heat shield it seems to be the only part of the van that is not protected from stone chips from rear wheel thanks

73BB43FC-E26C-47B7-9E90-9F9612A6A0A7.jpeg

Hi all - would value opinions. Van was at VW today and they sent me one of those videos while it was on the ramp. Adblue underside cover damaged - see screen shot from the video. Common problem? They want £140 +VAT for a new plastic cover - seems a lot.

Don’t suppose anyone has a spare do they for sale?

Cheers

Mike

View attachment 128326

Hi all - would value opinions. Van was at VW today and they sent me one of those videos while it was on the ramp. Adblue underside cover damaged - see screen shot from the video. Common problem? They want £140 +VAT for a new plastic cover - seems a lot.

Don’t suppose anyone has a spare do they for sale?

Cheers

Mike
I think it’ll be the same as in post #42: OEM plastic underbody trim/covers.
If so, it’s quoted as being half the cost of that (might have increased since) but have you been quoted with labour for fitting, too?

I think this may work - I'm trying to post a link from a previous thread:

Underbody Trim Damage O/s (right)

It looks like it could be: part number 7E0825208A. If it is the underbody trim on the o/s right drivers side just behind the wheel arch. It has a section of heat shield attached to it. If it is 7E0825208A, then the prices are below. There are a few diagrams on the web, but they can be confusing:

If it is 7E0825208A - on the Polish Allegro site the part is available for £54 (seller doesn't show UK postage option). The item is:

OSŁONA PODŁOGI VW TRANSPORTER T5 T6 7E0825208A

My local VW Van Centre will charge £75, and TPS is £69 (thanks VanDamMan) payment upfront.
Forgive my ignorance but is the attached picture showing a German LHD and therefore everything is likely a mirror image for UK RHD.

I only ask as that area on my T6 is in all but disappeared and I'm struggling to identify which part I actually need!

Has any one got a vw t6 lwb they could tell me if at the rear of the van drivers side we’re exhaust stops behind rear wheel should they be any plastic covers or a heat shield it seems to be the only part of the van that is not protected from stone chips from rear wheel thanks
I have a T6 LWB and the exhaust finishes half way along the van

hi just seen this thread,
the van i went for on friday the plastic undertray that runs the length of the van both sides,
it was all bent and misshaped hanging down were i think its had side bars fitted and just wrenched the plastic down,
does the platics need cutting for side bars and can the full legth plastics bee bought and replaced easy enough?

does the platics need cutting for side bars
yes and no - I cut mine, whereas other people have managed to fit their brands of bars without cutting the plastics.

can the full legth plastics bee bought and replaced easy enough?
Yes - from TPS, VWCV or eBay. They do get brittle with age, so ideally you’d want them new or nearly-new.

Hi
My under tray under passenger seat is split and hanging down. I’ve seen some people say it’s worth replacing and others not… what are peoples views?
Thanks
Pete

Back