OEM plastic underbody trim/covers

I think the white stud hanging in the breeze is something of a giveaway! Have you spoken to the stealer?

spoke to them as was in for service, they said was like that when it went in, can’t prove it but was not like that when I the side bars refitted..

Tried googling but nothing showing

If it was like that when it went in, I would want to know, and would expect them to at least notify me if not show it in the little video that they do nowadays. They seem to cover everything else, including my “illegally spaced” number plate!

I’ll see if I can get a replacement online, not sure how many there are underneath. Is there a manual or something with a list of parts? Or is that wishful thinking

Anyone know a way of re-fixing the front of the under floor tray without drilling the bodywork?

In my case it seems it wasn’t helped by the muppet who installed the heater for the previous owner

Nearside.jpeg

Offside.jpeg

Anyone know a way of re-fixing the front of the under floor tray without drilling the bodywork?

In my case it seems it wasn’t helped by the muppet who installed the heater for the previous owner

View attachment 89050

View attachment 89051
Does that metal strip hold two cut-ends together? If it does, I’d be inclined to replace it with a new part and leave the edges intact, because that’ll never remain rigid with it being cut there.
You could try and mend it with some alu strips, if not.

The horizontal metal with the bolt through it and dung above it (live in Cornwall :rolleyes:) is the offside and doesn’t connect to the tray either in front or behind it. It was vertical but I loosed the bolt and turned it that way to stop the problem getting worse and that’s worked for 6 months :whistle: Presumably this bit of bar wasn’t there from new?!

Like you say I could probably stitch it together with some strips, not sure how bodged it would look though (anyone know the part number for the OffSide tray?). And guess will have to lower it to mend and refit otherwise will run the risk of damaging something to do with the heater.

The near side I presume always had this bit of metal sticking straight out under the sill as I think I’ve seen it on others. What doesn’t make sense is the tray looks complete here but is still dropping behind the metal bit.

Was impressing my 4 year old kid today bombing massive puddles in the van. Hit one a bit fast and it ripped most of the under trays off the passenger side . Anyone done this before ? Got any part numbers ? An idea of cost ?
Cheers
EAE79EE3-0A29-4831-877A-7B551F9B6139.jpeg67BC7404-B457-4D97-958C-9EC91005D86D.jpegEAE79EE3-0A29-4831-877A-7B551F9B6139.jpeg67BC7404-B457-4D97-958C-9EC91005D86D.jpegC2B7029D-B354-4A4C-B025-8B67AEA1FBBE.jpeg

Yep, done it myself. Will try and find a thread.
The parts aren’t that expensive, and pretty easy to fit.

Pete

I need the large piece and the smaller bit I assume that goes before it, one part was already missing before the large section got destroyed yesterday, @Pete C do you have the part number for the large section you pictured please
I can’t make head or tail of the schematic, the foam reinforcement / spacer is also broken on mine

Nearly every T6 I've passed today has pieces of undertay hanging down, looks like TPS might be out of stock in the New Year.

I need the large piece and the smaller bit I assume that goes before it, one part was already missing before the large section got destroyed yesterday, @Pete C do you have the part number for the large section you pictured please
I can’t make head or tail of the schematic, the foam reinforcement / spacer is also broken on mine

Sorry, just seen this. I don‘t have the part number to hand at the moment, but will check after Xmas.

Pete

I did the front left one the other week, managed to through it in the bus then when we were heading back the same way, in daylight this time, I spied another section at side of the road so stopped and picked it up. Wasnt until looking at them when home it was the same piece but in much good condition so obvious a very common thing. I just sprayed the underside in silicon spray but I've noticed no difference so will refit at some point. No ad blue tanks to worry about.

Has anyone got a part number for a t6 drivers side undertray below the drivers door? I have thrown it a way and lost the part number I wrote down. They are known for breaking but I ran over it when doing the diesel heater install

Back