Non spill cup holder

OldFaartQ

Has anyone used a non spill cup holder instead of the pull out cup holder by the gear lever?

Whenever we put hot drinks cups in them, they always spill as that draw really bounces up and down if we go over any uneven road surface ( and there's a lot of them about just now)

16453754471052729385427554669677.jpg

Has anyone used a non spill cup holder instead of the pull out cup holder by the gear lever?

Whenever we put hot drinks cups in them, they always spill as that draw really bounces up and down if we go over any uneven road surface ( and there's a lot of them about just now)

View attachment 146486
I have the really expensive ones that can hold two cups and criticise your driving while it asks inane questions.

It was actually a serious question, but I guess everyone is bored

We travel up and down the country a lot and end up buying take away hot drinks. Even with the caps on, one bump in the road and the cups bounce and spill because the pull out draw bounces up and down too much.

One temporary fix is to have my wife hold the draw to stop it moving.

Surely we are not the only ones with this issue!

don't you have top of dash holders next to the pillars they dont shift and hold a large Costa very nicely

It was actually a serious question, but I guess everyone is bored

We travel up and down the country a lot and end up buying take away hot drinks. Even with the caps on, one bump in the road and the cups bounce and spill because the pull out draw bounces up and down too much.

One temporary fix is to have my wife hold the draw to stop it moving.

Surely we are not the only ones with
It’s quite expensive to get shot of Mk1
Tell me about it ! But what price the price of freedom.

The dash cup holder is quite a long reach, but i don’t have the posh pull out holders

Mine is loaded up with loose change which also helps to keep it under control.

Terrible photo and the result is not exactly a thing of beauty either but it does the job… between seats diy box of seat base height with two cup holders, bottle holder and a square slot for fire extinguisher. Window hammer attached to front of the box. Being height of the seat base seats still have room to swivel around. Pretty stable and if there’s any spill it will be at the floor rather than on dash buttons.

The ”cup holders” are bass reflex tubes cut to suitable depth for cups and bottle - they can be had in various diameters and are relatively cheap

D682EDF9-7707-4DB0-BA0A-93381BC0FCA7.jpeg

Ah this winds me up so much! That flappy pull out tray is about as much use a a chocolate kettle! I have 18 plate caravelle but no other cup holders, have seen ones in dash by door pillar but always assumed that was older model dash. Seems real poor show. Would be interested if any one has retro fitted anything decent to hold my coffee on a long journey.

Back