Retrofit left and right cup holders

Cnud

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I have a kombi highline with a comfort dash and passenger airbag but without the left and right cup holders. I absolutely detest the centre console cup holders bouncing around and being too narrow for two coffees, so was wondering if I could retrofit the upper window level cup holder by cutting into the dash?
Thanks

If you remove the outermost air-vents, you’ll be able to see what the space underneath the dashboard looks like.
If there’s space then I would say you’re good to go.
The holders do appear to sit in a shallow recess.

But bare in mind that a hot drink will, of course, steam up the windscreen.

Yeah, good idea. I’m going to measure up my buddies for position and see how it falls

Yeah, good idea. I’m going to measure up my buddies for position and see how it falls
Hi @Cnud ..had same problem till we eventually found cups that work really well.....Amazon driver was on first name terms as we kept returning Ones that didn’t fit....and just by chance over a coffee !
46058144-C331-43ED-BD2E-F639F8B1C68A.jpeg

Ah nice one. That’s looks like a definite middle ground. Are they actually Starbuck Cups?

Ah nice one. That’s looks like a definite middle ground. Are they actually Starbuck Cups?
Hi.. Yes. But not the cheapest ...but do work really well.... but also found after changing the suspension ( won’t recommend that though but makes driving more fun ) It stopped the cups bouncing :)

My contigo autoseal fits really well

Sadly I have many bottles that don't. The comfort dash cup holders do seem quite narroe

Haha, that’s a bit extreme! I’ve decided not to lower my springs this time around and have gone with the all terrain tyres and standard suspension. Thanks for the tips though I’ll have a look at the Contigo as well and get some cups ordered up!

@Cnud - Did you ever look more in to fitting the dash cup holders? I completely share your frustration with the comfort dash ones, they are completely useless!

@Cnud - Did you ever look more in to fitting the dash cup holders? I completely share your frustration with the comfort dash ones, they are completely useless!
Nah, went with the 3D printed vent cup holders in the end. Linky they’ve been fine and can take all my mugs and bottles.

eBay photo:
833418B8-CA67-45A5-BB53-E52F7B846208.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back