Nokian Weatherproof - Not ageing well.

I think all season tyres are a compromise - good all year grip performance but due to their compound needing to cover a range of temperatures they don’t grip as well as a summer tyre in the summer, nor a winter tyre in the winter. However they grip far far better than a summer tyre in winter.

While they are a compromise, for most peoples driving style and ability I don’t think people would notice the difference, especially in summer (me included!)

Ian

Close up of one of the rear tyres. Fairly even wear across the board. 5mm tread left. Spot the the bit that's doing the wearing. Spot the bit that's doing the failing.

View attachment 92819
Yep, that's exactly what my rears looked like after 41k miles, without proper rotation
Very impressive I think, to have all that grip left after 41k miles, from a tyre that offers so much versatility all year round and winter grip that's very close to full winter, and better than some.
Bravo Nokian, amazing value, amazing tyre.

Well I have never had any tyre on any vehicle last any were near 40,000miles.:speechless:
Not even half of that...:laugh:
You need to sell up shop @Kind of Blue . Join Chris and get you and your van down to Lincolnshire.

Where the land is flat.

The tarmac smooth.

And thanks to the Romans.....everywhere's straight.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'd sent two emails to Nokian within minutes of each other. One was through the Nokian website, where I couldn't send photos. The second was a copy and paste job via an email address I found on the site. The second emails had some photo's attached. I think the first fob off response (see above post) came from the website link email. However, low and behold, I got a further email. I think this is in response to the photo email. Might be the UK Nokian distributor, not 100% on that though. They've asked me to complete the attached claim form so they can 'process the percentage claim for you'.

So, If you've got a set of Nokians. Keep any invoice/receipt. You never know. From what I've read online, seems a few folk have been reimbursed to the value of the tread left on their tyres, in light of this issue.

Worth having a read of the T and C's that @mmi has kindly linked above. Note the relevance of '5 years' and the no mention of any warranty not being transferable.

I'd sent two emails to Nokian within minutes of each other. One was through the Nokian website, where I couldn't send photos. The second was a copy and paste job via an email address I found on the site. The second emails had some photo's attached. I think the first fob off response (see above post) came from the website link email. However, low and behold, I got a further email. I think this is in response to the photo email. Might be the UK Nokian distributor, not 100% on that though. They've asked me to complete the attached claim form so they can 'process the percentage claim for you'.

So, If you've got a set of Nokians. Keep any invoice/receipt. You never know. From what I've read online, seems a few folk have been reimbursed to the value of the tread left on their tyres, in light of this issue.

Worth having a read of the T and C's that @mmi has kindly linked above. Note the relevance of '5 years' and the no mention of any warranty not being transferable.
Oh, I wonder if I'll be eating some humble pie, :laugh:.

Back