Night-heater not working off grid [Resolved]

Col.g

Hello newbie here had my t6 for a couple of years and have used my webasto heater a couple of times only on electric hook up, tried to use it off grid and can’t seem to get it started. When I try to turn it on on the smart control it doesn’t turn on and seems to have no power am I missing something or it doesn’t work off grid any ideas would be much appreciated

Got a few pics of your setup ?

And controller etc.

sounds daft but carnt see any voltage reading on the control panel even though the switch states it on i take it you have a fully charged second battery

Check all your terminals are tight including the earth connections to a shunt if you have one.
When the heater initially starts up it draws quite a bit of current and that can expose issues with poor connections.
also, do a proper drop test on the leisure battery, it may have an internal issue.

Last edited:
Like Loz has said this has to be a supply issue as it works on hook up it is getting a full supply from the charge system. Also will the heater fire with the van running as that will also point to the feed or connections one other thing what about other things working from second batt

Try a different battery before you start chasing wires might save you sometime as this points to the battery if it fires with the van running and on hook up and would only take 10 minutes so worth a try

I'd be checking the battery that runs the heater, sounds like it under charged to me.
Heaters pull a fair bit of current on start up for 5 minutes or so then drop down to 1 -2 Amps when running, are you positive the battery that supplies the heater is fully charged and in good condition as a dying battery will drop power as soon as a load (ie heater) is drawing from it.
When the supply voltage drops below a certain level the heater won't start.

^^^^^^There is no power to the controller even before you get to switching the heater on.

There is something wrong with the power supply, either both fuses blown ( controller is on one fuse and the heater on another) or the panel is not switched to a battery - that panel looks like you can use either the vehicle battery or the leisure. I can't see that the vehicle battery would be that depleted also.
I always advise that heaters are connected direct to the leisure rather than through numerous other circuits such as panels like that - totally not needed.:)

Back