Newbie Needing Your Help

Parkypie

Hello lovely T6 forum peeps,

I’m after buying my first... big step for me, gona sell my Honda CRV (4yr old from new) and I’ve some money to put too...

Where do you suggest I go? Don’t want finance, looking at £10.5 / £11k for my car... after a 3 /4 yr + old T6 .

Ultimate aim is to use daily but also convert with pop top, kitchen, add cameras, led’s etc etc

I’ve been scouring the tinterweb and signed up to many for sale sites, and getting various vans through ranging from £16+

What do I look for? Where do I go? I’m a single mum of 2 lads, and can’t wait to get my van!

Hope you can help or point me in the right direction...

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You won't find a 3/4 yr old T6 as they only came out in 2016 so all still in warranty (unless the mileage is stratospheric).
Converted vans will fetch a premium so you'll have to keep checking the classifieds or the VW used network, also if any members are about to trade in a vehicle for new, then you might get a good deal if you buy their trade in off them?

First off, do you want Aircon?
Next up, how many seats up front
Thirdly, what doors do you want on the rear?

There are 3 main models, Startline, Trendline and Highline.
Next is the BHP, 89, 102, 150, 204
Startline is basic but some vans can be spec’d highly so have aircon and reverse cameras.
Trendline has the benefit of body coloured bumpers
Highline always has aircon and the multifunction steering wheel.

Take a look on Autotrader, come back here with any questions.

First off, do you want Aircon?
Next up, how many seats up front
Thirdly, what doors do you want on the rear?

There are 3 main models, Startline, Trendline and Highline.
Next is the BHP, 89, 102, 150, 204
Startline is basic but some vans can be spec’d highly so have aircon and reverse cameras.
Trendline has the benefit of body coloured bumpers
Highline always has aircon and the multifunction steering wheel.

Take a look on Autotrader, come back here with any questions.

Many thanks!

Been looking at high line, would prefer tailgate to barn door and looking to end up with 2 captain seats up from that swivel with a curved unit in, but that’s in the future! Lol

The break horse power I’ve not got much clue on apart from what it does car wise, I presume the sane for a van and I presume the higher the better if it’s converted?

I’m not after making money, I’m after a van I can run daily and keep for me n my boys to go exploring in.

Getting emails from exchange n mart on the cabs they are advertising, most are from vw garages.

On Fb they said you can get around 11% off but I don’t want brand new as I lost a lot of money paying for my car cash from new... just do t know where’s best to look.

Many thanks for your reply! Sounds silly but doing all this on my Todd is quite scary lol

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You won't find a 3/4 yr old T6 as they only came out in 2016 so all still in warranty (unless the mileage is stratospheric).
Converted vans will fetch a premium so you'll have to keep checking the classifieds or the VW used network, also if any members are about to trade in a vehicle for new, then you might get a good deal if you buy their trade in off them?

Thankyou, yes sorry 2 years, there’s quite a few in exchange and Mart but it’s knowing what to plump for I dont want to buy a converted one I want to do it myself

Hi, dont know if this is much help but i spent many hours trawling through various sites. I used to go on to face....and go in to marketplace on it and type in VW transporter, VW camper, VW t5 etc. I've just purchased a t6, (which i absolutely love) but adds still crop up on my phone. I've noticed i2m the last few days theres quite a few more VW for sale so ypu may be able to be more choosy! I didnt buy through an fb add in the end. I bought from a place in Shropshire, amd to be honest I'm not sure if they were.im your price range but they do have a LOT to chose from. But do have a look on fb too, you might just find something. I was prepared to travel anywhere in the UK for the right Vw as where i am, the prices vary massively! Hope thats of some help!

Hi, dont know if this is much help but i spent many hours trawling through various sites. I used to go on to face....and go in to marketplace on it and type in VW transporter, VW camper, VW t5 etc. I've just purchased a t6, (which i absolutely love) but adds still crop up on my phone. I've noticed i2m the last few days theres quite a few more VW for sale so ypu may be able to be more choosy! I didnt buy through an fb add in the end. I bought from a place in Shropshire, amd to be honest I'm not sure if they were.im your price range but they do have a LOT to chose from. But do have a look on fb too, you might just find something. I was prepared to travel anywhere in the UK for the right Vw as where i am, the prices vary massively! Hope thats of some help!

Cheers thankyou, which company did you buy from?

Hi, I bought from Salop vans. Only jadine a week! Theres a pic of her up on a thread here somewhere. Probably on the new members thread. They may have something in your price range I really dont know, but you can google them and think their site is something like...transporters.co.uk or something. They were very helpful with emails and calls before I even visited! I've seen today more transporter variants coming onto sites for sale too! Keep am eye on how long they are for sale too. Good for negotiating. Mine was abit more difficult...as soon as it was in the sunlight people in the forcourt started to come around her so...I either bought her or she'd be sold. I found out on collection there were others after her if I'd walked away. Hope that helps!

Hi, I bought from Salop vans. Only jadine a week! Theres a pic of her up on a thread here somewhere. Probably on the new members thread. They may have something in your price range I really dont know, but you can google them and think their site is something like...transporters.co.uk or something. They were very helpful with emails and calls before I even visited! I've seen today more transporter variants coming onto sites for sale too! Keep am eye on how long they are for sale too. Good for negotiating. Mine was abit more difficult...as soon as it was in the sunlight people in the forcourt started to come around her so...I either bought her or she'd be sold. I found out on collection there were others after her if I'd walked away. Hope that helps!

Yes!!! That’s ace! I’m on their website, they’ve lots of lovely vans! I’ll blast them an email and tell them what I’m after and budget. I need to sell my CRV too if they won’t PX it... many thanks

Superb! You have nothing to lose by asking and everything to gain! Good luck and hope you find the right VW for you! Let us know how you get on!

Back