Newbie here, Tuning boxes

Jfoz

T6 Pro
Yo! Just recently purchased a 102 T6 and have been reading alot on this forum about remaps etc so thought I'd join and ask about tuning box.

I've tead that remaps for the 102 T6 model arent recommended due to the weak turbo and 5 speed gear box, so have stumbled across 2 tuning boxes.

Tdi-Tuning and DTUK, was just wondering if anyone on here has any experience with these boxes on a 102 T6?

Thanks alot!

A good remap will take account that the 5 speed is weak and torque limit the first few gears.

I don’t think Revo do the 102 anymore, but Pendle do.

Tuning boxes have a place, but definitely won’t torque limit lower gears.

A good remap will take account that the 5 speed is weak and torque limit the first few gears.

I don’t think Revo do the 102 anymore, but Pendle do.

Tuning boxes have a place, but definitely won’t torque limit lower gears.

Thanks for the reply! So you would recommend a Pendle map over a tuning box?
I just don't want my box or turbo to go bang!

Yeah Pendle for sure on a 102, I’ve got a Revo going on mine next week but it’s a different engine setup so not a like for like with your bus.

Manufacturers can still spot if you’ve had a tuning box fitted which is the only benefit I can think of with a tuning box.

Is there actually a solution to the weak gearbox and turbo? Maybe aftermarket but better made without the premium increase you'd expect from aftermarket. e.g If I look for a Revo turbo, it's £2.7k - which is fine but I'm doing it for more longevity than performance on that part...

If you go tuning box only go TDI tuning their backup and support is fantastic. But a tuning box only works within the manufacturers parameters a remap will alter these parameters.

Back