TVS DSG remap.

Pendle maps are absolutely garbage!!! And I've worked with someone from pendle ,I thought they had damaged quite a few engines?? Utter garbage!!
DARKSIDE Developments a true vw tuning god and pointless mapping and leaving dpf in even adjusting soot levels, dpf egr both need to be out at time of map !!
Darkside I wouldn't use anyone else on VAG done my cars and vans including my current t6.1 .
Dpf delete pipe
Egr delete
Adblue delete
From new !
Up yours VW
A well constructed, articulate post and the excessive use of exclamation marks adds validity to your highly factual response.

Pendle maps are absolutely garbage!!! And I've worked with someone from pendle ,I thought they had damaged quite a few engines?? Utter garbage!!
DARKSIDE Developments a true vw tuning god and pointless mapping and leaving dpf in even adjusting soot levels, dpf egr both need to be out at time of map !!
Darkside I wouldn't use anyone else on VAG done my cars and vans including my current t6.1 .
Dpf delete pipe
Egr delete
Adblue delete
From new !
Up yours VW
Are you willing to back this up with facts? Or are the claims just scotch mist and this is just libelous?

Think everyone knows ? Pendle maps are garbage there's other articles about them wrecking engines on differentvehicles? But working closely with a pendle agent we could see what a generic crappy map file it was ! Just rather people spend there hard earned cash on a good product

Think everyone knows ? Pendle maps are garbage there's other articles about them wrecking engines on differentvehicles? But working closely with a pendle agent we could see what a generic crappy map file it was ! Just rather people spend there hard earned cash on a good product
I for one, certainly don't know. I don't remember ever reading an article that they wrecked an engine. Or even a bad review. Happy to be educated, but you offer nothing substantial.

Do you flash maps yourself?
No, not at all. But as it happens this morning I read that someones van went into limp mode 80mies after leaving Darkside.

I have seen that video before though.

No, not at all. But as it happens this morning I read that someones van went into limp mode 80mies after leaving Darkside.
Most generic mapping is not comparative to darkside its a totally different animal
I run different injectors, intercooler, dpf delete egr delete ad blue delete and been like this from 75miles on clock never had an issue apart from tyre wear

Most generic mapping is not comparative to darkside its a totally different animal
I run different injectors, intercooler, dpf delete egr delete ad blue delete and been like this from 75miles on clock never had an issue apart from tyre wear
I'm happy to be educated what is so different. (by pm if needed.)

75 miles not that far.

Good morning. I have a qustion for those who have the TVS upgrade and have a VW t6.1 without sports mode in the DSG (model year 2021 and newer). I would like to know wheter the DSG sports mode of the DSG can be activated after the TVS upgrade when selecting sport mode of the DCC (or after modifying the DSG selector like in this thread: https://www.t6forum.com/threads/bring-back-dsg-s-mode-in-2023-t6-1.46803/)?

Does anyone have this combination
  • VW T6.1 model year or newer (without sport mode on the DSG selector)
  • TVS DSG software
  • DCC or modified DSG selector
and can report whether DSG sport mode is selectable?

(TVS told me that the DSG sport mode might be selectable with the TVS DSG software)

With TVS software it makes sportmode redundant anyway IMHO. On a standard gearbox with Sport mode, D is always a bit lethargic and S always seems too keen. Once TVS is uploaded you’ll find D is pretty much perfect for all driving.

Doesn’t directly answer your question but hopefully it helps.

Do you still have to do a dsg reset after so long ?
As mine seems a bit lethargic again after a year TVS

Do you still have to do a dsg reset after so long ?
As mine seems a bit lethargic again after a year TVS
I've only had mine since the end of last year and D is the same as the OEM map for me, I have to drive it in sport constantly to get any benefit from it.
Taking it back today so I will report back if it fixes it.

Mat

Any news ?
Sadly it is still not fixed so it was slightly frustrating taking the afternoon off work for another 6 hour round trip.

I won't go into the details but TVS are trying to sort cruise sticking with the S map when engaged rather than defaulting back to D mode. However, they believe it is acceptable for a petrol to labour the engine between 1200 and 1900 rpm in D mode so nothing will be done to change this. If it was a manual there is no way you would let the engine speed drop so low or change so early so my guess is the TVS map is really designed for a TDI and they just use it for a TSI anyway.

I will be happy if I can just drive it in sport mode all the time and when cruise is selected the sport mode map remains.

I appreciated Bognor are trying to help which is a refreshing change and are only selling a product not developing it so I couldn't ask for more from them. :)

Mat

Back