This could be expensive :( Broken bus

Adam H

T6 Pro
So this happened on the way home from VW action today :( T6, 2019 at about 50k miles, 5 speed manual 102 ( remapped to 162) ( 321nm )

302010042_825589501793594_4186781363429756122_n.jpg

Driving lovely, down shifted to 3rd as approaching traffic and BANG, the worst sound I've ever heard, followed by knocking and grind to a rolling stop.

Now I've got no drive, so i can put it in gear, lift the clutch ( which feels normal ) and it doesnt stall or move.
Gave the driveshafts a little wobble when i got home, both feel solid and the passenger side has been replaced recently ( like a few weeks back ) so got someone coming to take a look tomorrow but I'm fearing its gear box rather than driveshafts.

Anyone had similar ? Thoughts on what it could be before its diagnosed tomorrow :D

The 5sp boxes have a history of being the weak link. Especially with the extra power / torque.

Who mapped it please ? DM me if you want
Pendle mate, Mapped well over a year ago, drives like a dream (normally) . Hoping its drive shafts more than anything but it seemed too conincidenal with the gear change :(

Iv a 102 19 plate and a Pendle map . Like you said it drives like a dream I don't push it and tbh I think the gear box was more stressed before the map. Fingers crossed its nothing bad bad

Iv a 102 19 plate and a Pendle map . Like you said it drives like a dream I don't push it and tbh I think the gear box was more stressed before the map. Fingers crossed its nothing bad bad
Yep totally agree mate, before the remap it drove horribly. Hopefully tomorrow brings good news

Best possible case senario thankfully, drive shaft shat its self. Looks like it had worked its way loose going by those bent bolts, but the bearings had pretty much pushed them selves out too. She's back on the road and happy again. Subframe and engine raise next to make her happier :D

305602363_10160561009922664_4011491654576183196_n.jpg

Best possible case senario thankfully, drive shaft shat its self. Looks like it had worked its way loose going by those bent bolts, but the bearings had pretty much pushed them selves out too. She's back on the road and happy again. Subframe and engine raise next to make her happier :D

View attachment 171485
Just to satisfy my curiosity, why the engine and subframe raise?
Is is lowered excessively?
Was that the cause of the driveshaft failure?

Just to satisfy my curiosity, why the engine and subframe raise?
Is is lowered excessively?
Was that the cause of the driveshaft failure?
It’s not lowered excessively but is lowered around 110mm, it hasn’t liked being low since it’s been done with it juddering when turning left, I think this is more the fault of a crap driveshaft or crap shaft bolts as it’s a shaft that was installed that was shorter in order to try and stop the judder. Subframe and engine raise will bring everything back to the angles which they should be, take the stress off of everything while still getting the look and feel I want

EEB4581F-0807-408A-8853-7AADE02A1047.jpeg

Back