New Window Tinted

Keepad

T6 Pro
Hi just had my pride and joys windows tinted however around one window I have what looks like white ghosting around the edge of the window and looks bad against the rest, I will try and post pics- I was told it will go when it drys out but the other windows are ok - any one had this before.

Hi just had my pride and joys windows tinted however around one window I have what looks like white ghosting around the edge of the window and looks bad against the rest, I will try and post pics- I was told it will go when it drys out but the other windows are ok - any one had this before.
First two pics are of white out line at edge of windows the last pic is what the rest of my window look like

4605D6E8-1DDB-4ECC-A3E6-547389EC551A.jpeg

D7AA67CC-05A9-4873-B2DA-11F8EE8F47E5.jpeg

65D84C43-5139-4C25-96E3-04E6D89267DE.jpeg

Your eyes are better than mine. All I can see is the trim on the inside of the window, but that's only because the tints are not dark enough to hide that.

I think you may be looking at the white which is not the inside trim, all my windows apart one have a good finish but top half of one has a white out line - all windows have a stealth black out part from one- I will check with the guy who fitted them - worst case he will have to replace it.

had mine done in Jan, no white like that, it will only dissipate if it's water, mine took about 3 weeks but it was bloody freezing up here, if it's air entrapment then your need to have it redone to remove,

Hi, the line around the edge of your window or 'halo' as it is sometimes reffered to is because on the inside of the glass it has Dot Matrix..... Gradient black dots, most modern vehicles have these. The tiny film can not sit flush onto the glass, hence this, 'Halo' effect.
Some car manufacturers are worse than others, it should improve a little as it dries. I suspect the other window doesn't have these dots, hence a better finish around the edge.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply- the halo effect is more prominent on one window - all the windows have those dots and do not have any major halos-the window company said let it dry out then try and run a sponge over it-in a nutshell I was told to bugger off for 30days, with that I said I will return and he can fix it then.

W
Thanks for the reply- the halo effect is more prominent on one window - all the windows have those dots and do not have any major halos-the window company said let it dry out then try and run a sponge over it-in a nutshell I was told to bugger off for 30days, with that I said I will return and he can fix it then.
What was the outcome of this issue. Just had mine done and I've got the same problem.

People say to leave it for 30 days to dry, my mate had the same thing in regards to the halo effect and his was ok after 2 weeks.

W

What was the outcome of this issue. Just had mine done and I've got the same problem.
I went back to the guy who done the tint in Swindon, i complained about the Halo effect and the fact he did not even cut the tint straight, in a nutshell the guy was not interested and said some BS about it was the special coating VW put on.

That’s def BS, had he been competent at his apparent profession, he would have prepared the windows correctly, tell him to park his horse, remove his spurs and get your windows fixed!!!

Back