New Victron Energy Orion XS 12/12-50A DC-DC Battery Charger?

its pre-order atm . .

I've seen a few demo units about. . . looks interesting. 50A as well.

could be the Vic` Orion unit we always wanted.

its very small with no mega heatsink. . . . so time will tell if its up to the Victron standards.

Yeah, be interesting to see if the 'no heatsink/no fan' is a positive step fwd and the cooling system in place is adequate. I still have my suspicions that for 'underseat' builds and the lack of natural airflow we may still experience heat issues (@ 50A max output) but this may cope much better at a set 30A output?!

That original Orion DC-DC was always a really weird outlier in the victron range with its poor efficiency leading to very high temperatures. It does seem as though this one is "the fix" though as they're quoting an efficiency of 98% which is miles better than the original, and in the region of competitors.

Does it support reverse trickle charging to keep the starter topped up from excess solar/EHU though? This is a fantastic feature in my opinion so if it doesn't offer that, I'd still buy something else that does.

EDIT - That price is a bit nuts though compared to the competition. You're paying an awful lot for a blue box and app ecosystem there!

Back