New van project

We started hunting for a new van and we had a very specific shopping list as its my only vehicle. I sold my car to fund the last van. So we wanted:
140/150bhp with 6 speed
Aircon, Cruise, MFD, MFSW, Satnav
LWB
Under 150K
So this is what we got:
NEqcOw4.jpg
Its got FSH from VW, 1 owner, 130k miles and kombi interior. As an added bonus its got a stirling battery charger in and we are selling off the kombi parts as well.
I started pulling it apart:
nnmj49G.jpg
It had arch boxes on and the side panels were plastic but with a metal covering. I got passenger side of really easy but the drivers side had rivnuts into the van frame
975zzI5.jpg
attacked them with a drill and a chisel and they gave up after a bit of fight!
SrLybNo.jpg

Last edited:
Got alot of the wiring out and im planning on reusing the conduit for our build.

Oooh! I did smile to myself! We went from a white T5.1 California Manual to a white T6 California DSG! (We joked to ourselves that the neighbours wouldn’t notice that we’d changed vans mid-Covid!)

I’m also a little bit jealous. It’s not like you’re a complete newbie coming into this adventure: you’ve done it before and this time you’ll do it even better!

Wishing you all success with the project and many happy years in your new van! Keep posting progress and pics!

Oooh! I did smile to myself! We went from a white T5.1 California Manual to a white T6 California DSG! (We joked to ourselves that the neighbours wouldn’t notice that we’d changed vans mid-Covid!)

I’m also a little bit jealous. It’s not like you’re a complete newbie coming into this adventure: you’ve done it before and this time you’ll do it even better!

Wishing you all success with the project and many happy years in your new van! Keep posting progress and pics!
I wanted a silver van, my girlfriend wanted any colour apart from silver but we ended up with another white van lol

So I've had a bit of time on it this weekend. Cleaning and a few mods, got the bulkhead out and thats sold.
Front seats out and all the cabmat, under seats all cleaned
toHzORS.jpg
Zb0jYTT.jpg
kWdLx6z.jpg
seats are actually a different colour now! Had to remove the arm rest as noticed the foam had come away from the backing plate so sorted that
ch8c7Z1.jpg

Got a shot of the stirling batter charger and after a bit of googling its worth £400 but isnt doing anything at moment as not connected to a leisure battery. Just hope it isnt broken!
lHF9Dkc.jpg

modded the pedals with new covers
MLseXEJ.jpg
yemCdkZ.jpg
lkIsqfn.jpg
and all done
v1lzUyD.jpg

I do have a leak though, i think the pollen filter panel that you remove to change the filter has lost its rubber seal. Has anyone changed the filter recently and know if it has a seal on it. I have a video, apologies for the description i was sending it to my brother!
EYDr2GW.mp4

Well todays mods, some done and dusted:
PABOB1H.jpg
Some are still a work in progress:
6tAGWvA.jpg
S2xWtAa.jpg
dZFWS9S.jpg
Just need to sort the wiring out, got a glovebox light as well, but thats the bit causing me problems as it doesnt want to clip in place. Will sort it tomorrow though!!

Coming along nicely !!!

Did you get the pedals from Travelinlite and were they easy to fit?

Coming along nicely !!!

Did you get the pedals from Travelinlite and were they easy to fit?

hi thanks, no i got them from Ali express:
£8.78 5% Off | Pedal Kit For for vw Multivan T5 T6 Caravelle T6 Stainless Steel Accessories Gas Brake Pedals

I had to heat the oem pedal rubbers up with a heat gun to get them off and on the brake pedal i had to cut of a bit of rubber from the back of pedal. I also put a bit of silaflex on for belt & braces.

Are they a direct swap?
Yes, kind of. Basically the height at which they spray is adjusted by a screw on the front but it has a bar inside which gets in the way of the heated element plug, all i did was use a plastic trim tool to push it a little bit and then it slides on fine.

Dropped the van off at Skyline North this weekend! Will be back in a week, cant wait to see it!

Reactions: CAB
Back