New van project

So I've done a bit more today, its a bit messy but its just planning at moment. Think im going to get the battery, noco charger and sterling charger under the drivers seat along with the oem parts and then on the passenger side will be the 12v fusebox and RCD box.
View attachment 110175
Cleaned the front ready to sound deaden
View attachment 110176

I do have a bit of query though what they have done to the oem wiring before i got it.
View attachment 110177
View attachment 110178
View attachment 110179
I think they have taken a feed from passenger side with a relay which goes over to the sterling charger and i also think they have tapped into an earth on the BCM. Not sure why they have taped up a power wire on passenger side.

The long black thing is a fuse carrier, which feeds towbar ecu amongst other things. Looks like they've taken the main feed, the thick 10AWG, out of that fuse carrier and taped it up with insulating tape, then used and OEM cable clip in foam at the end. The PVU conduit isn't stock, neither is that relay with the blue cable and individual fuse. Does that go anywhere? I did see similar PVC conduit and single cables on an ex-police vehicle, that had strobe modules in the rear light clusters many years ago. I guess yours is part of the previous owner's fit out.

The long black thing is a fuse carrier, which feeds towbar ecu amongst other things. Looks like they've taken the main feed, the thick 10AWG, out of that fuse carrier and taped it up with insulating tape, then used and OEM cable clip in foam at the end. The PVU conduit isn't stock, neither is that relay with the blue cable and individual fuse. Does that go anywhere? I did see similar PVC conduit and single cables on an ex-police vehicle, that had strobe modules in the rear light clusters many years ago. I guess yours is part of the previous owner's fit out.
Yeah i figured out that they are using the blue cable to turn the dashcam on and off & they used it to turn the Stirling battery charger on as well.
Just wasnt sure why they had cut the big red power cable and were using a relay for the dashcam.

Done a little more today, no where near as much as i wanted but im just taking my time!
4XMOUqi.jpg
7xSfwcL.jpg
Drilled a hole in the roof to get the cable for the light up there.
6GoRlTV.jpg

Todays work has been tidying up the wiring and trying to fit it all under the seats
hLLFArB.jpg
F56EsQt.jpg
3NOagDv.jpg
JCiOEWg.jpg

Fitted some more of the insulation today
tICQUGx.jpg
u8FtnaV.jpg
iKTsTVa.jpg
ztfzebu.jpg

also cut off and toffee wheeled the silicone left by previous floor
22D9bLK.jpg
3XJ7kFS.jpg
IH2ku6j.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Not really done much recently as either been away, running and had no garage space. So i started off clearing the garage

1UpFkG7.jpg
Well the van fits but only just lol

9KM722B.jpg

then onto the work, the under seat wiring was a mess and i needed to do the heater wiring and set up the charger

LZTzQrW.jpg
All back together and the heater works as well, went for a planar 2KW,

vHnu875.jpg

ENdJHOb.jpg

Then i fitted myself a boot release which was a quick mod

VtpMXfq.jpg

sorted out some of the insulation

VxFfGAY.jpg

HzIpjdF.jpg

wxLN3tH.jpg

Not really done much recently as either been away, running and had no garage space. So i started off clearing the garage

View attachment 117140
Well the van fits but only just lol

View attachment 117141

then onto the work, the under seat wiring was a mess and i needed to do the heater wiring and set up the charger

View attachment 117142
All back together and the heater works as well, went for a planar 2KW,

View attachment 117143

View attachment 117144
Stop being a tease.
Show us the Capri! :slow rofl:

Done some more this evening with the help of my brother!

HV1h73p.jpg
bkR2Dlw.jpg
mZ4WEbq.jpg

Still got the endcap to put on the awning rail and to neatly apply some sealant!

Loving this thread. I had great pleasure doing my last T5 up over the 13 years I had it. Know the joy you get of doing it!

Bit of a cock up today, wanted to fit the vinyl to the floor. Rolled out the vinyl and this is what i had:
I4m1bLD.jpg
Well thats not right, i should have ordered 3m but i ordered 3m2 by accident.
i managed to do the wheel arches instead but i was just too annoyed to do anything else.

Ry4YqSh.jpg

RAZz2bq.jpg

• Wow
Well we have had a couple of busy days:

OcKpjjp.jpg

ntROrj2.jpg

WkpAkix.jpg
Window is a bit messy, waiting on the trim and the vanshades to arrive:

PoyOEPd.jpg

4HIkon5.jpg
zfZmPBE.jpg