Hello from Belgium

A bit hard to explain.

My bus is
Registered as a
" Light work van".
It has a separantion part between the seats and loading area. As a Light work van you can get reduced taxes. And to benefit from This, you'r load capacity must be more than 30% of the size of the vehicle.
There is a law that Goes you can't alter the suspension or ride hight from these vehicles
Registered
as Light work vans.
Normal enlisted cars can alter the hight but must pas a hight obstacle from 11cm
And you need paperwork that it is fitted by an official garage, coilovers and springs must also have a tuv certificate.

Airride is forbidden. But i mentioned some folks Just ride flat to the grond with Airride and change it once a year for the mot.

For me, there is a little hope because vw had an - 3cm option in there springs. And So Its no probleem if i fit these original vw springs. (i wonder if the see the différence at the mot)

On a note.
I fitted a disk brake conversion on my splitscreen from csp with tuv 4 years ago.
Now there is a New law that oldtimers prior from 1960 (mine is from57)
Need to go back to the mot.
And i have to change it back to drums
Because Its not original from the factor.
Like they dont care that it improved my safety.

Good morning all,
I own a Multivan T6 from 2017
Here is my problem:

Hi everybody,
I am from Belgium and I am the owner of a T6 from 2016, (engine CXGB) converted, by my self , in camper-van.
I am really glad to found this forum of people passionate about VW T6
I am also very exited to found in this forum few great technical solutions. Thanks a lot.

Hi everybody,
I am from Belgium and I am the owner of a T6 from 2016, (engine CXGB) converted, by my self , in camper-van.
I am really glad to found this forum of people passionate about VW T6
I am also very exited to found in this forum few great technical solutions. Thanks a lot.
Welcome to the forum @vladimir , don't forget to post some pics. We love pics! :laugh:

hoi mensen
bedankt dat ik een deeltje mag zijn op dit forum
ik rijd met een transporter t6 van 2019
het is echt genieten :)

Welcome to the forum! That's a good looking van! Any pics of the inside?

Welkom op het forum! Dat is een mooi busje! Zijn er foto's van binnen?

Is van 2019. 5 maand gewacht op de levering! Is ook nog met Achterdifferentieel Sper. & Heavy Duty(verhoging) ombouw door Seikel.
Foto's van binnen....niets speciaals gewoon het rudimentaire(bed/frigo(Dometic 110L)/tafel/opbergruimte/2e batterij(240 A)/Lader 230/12V van Buttner/Camping Gaz vuur.
2 kleine zijruiten/Inrichting 1 persoon. Steeds zelfde Inrichtingsconcept sinds de 70ties(T1 T2 T3 T3 Syncro T4 Syncro....).
grt

From 2019. Waited 5 months for delivery! Also still with rear differential lock. & Heavy Duty (raising) conversion by Seikel.
Pictures inside....nothing special just the rudimentary(bed/fridge(Dometic 110L)/table/storage space/2nd battery(240A)/Charger 230/12V from Buttner/Camping Gaz fire.
2 small side windows / Furnishing 1 person. Always the same furnishing concept since the 70ties (T1 T2 T3 T3 Syncro T4 Syncro....).
grt

Welcome Inuvik, what’s your connection with Inuvik if any
Dit was toendertijd samen met Prudhoe Bay/Dead Horse de hoogst noordelijke toegankelijke road naar de Beaufort Sea.
De Dempster Road & Dalton Road, periode aldaar 2003 met VW T3(1980).
grt

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CAB
Dit was toendertijd samen met Prudhoe Bay/Dead Horse de hoogst noordelijke toegankelijke road naar de Beaufort Sea.
De Dempster Road & Dalton Road, periode aldaar 2003 met VW T3(1980).
grt
Translation: At the time, this was, together with Prudhoe Bay/Dead Horse, the most northerly accessible road to the Beaufort Sea.
The Dempster Road & Dalton Road, period there 2003 with VW T3 (1980).
grt

Did you drive the Mackenzie ice road?
I spent some time working offshore Tuktoyaktuk, what an inhospitable place, glad I’ve seen it but I couldn’t live there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I'm an Englishman living in Belgium (for 20 years now, with three daughters born here and in Belgian school....but anyway...) I've just ordered a 4motion T6.1 and i'm hoping to raise the suspension 3 or 4cm. Is that allowed? Do i have to go and do an MOT again, or tell my insurance company?

Also, what are the rules about putting All Terrain tyres on the van? If they are bigger in circumference than the originals i guess that is not allowed, or needs some sort of certificate?

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: CAB
Hi everyone!
Since lockdown I've been looking to some seriously cool vans and I am a fan of banded steel.
With following a lot of you guys I know that lowered is super cool, but love the swamper look too.
In Belgium it is forbidden to lower/raise a vehicle so I'm not happy with that though.
I just bought this one yesterday - still waiting to pick it up with registration etc.

SzcH3fvWlyFu8MayM8OcudbQ=w695-h927-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

EOUgUICqDedQbhls3Ec3KG3A=w695-h927-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

uFimKC17Z2M2_6EhhFX64-7g=w695-h927-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Cheers to you all!

Back