Hello from Norfolk

Mike78

T6 Pro
Hello T6 World.

A quick introduction. Since the original Calfornia came out I have wanted a camper, since the begining of lockdowns I've seriously wanted one. I've spent months planning in my head the conversion finding so much useful knowledge and information on this forum. I watched lockdowns come and go, watched the prices of used van go up and up so started looking at 2010 Merc Vitos and Custom Transits (sorry). But then in the summer we hired a T5 and had a fantastic holiday on the NC500. Two months later after us each of us going through the envitable we only live once moment we've bought a Reflex Silver 2018 T6 LWB panel van.

The conversion has started. We've had the Skyline Aurora fitted and I've started with the important part - making it look less like a Trendline and more like a Highline :) Over Christmas we've done the sound proofing and insultation, carpetted panels, changed the bench to captains and fitted the swivel. The plan is to do everything myself. It will be pretty much bread and butter for you lot but I am planning some 'bespoke' bits like rear sofa instead of rib bed, built in toilet, hand built cupboards. I'll share pictures if it turns out nice and there's interest.

Fairly soon I'll be listing some for sale bit - can anyone guess what they are going to be - yep well done at the back, bulkhead, steel wheels & bench seat! I've had no interest selling else where but I understand supply & demand so they will be going for knock down prices. There will also be some more exciting stuff like fake barn door windows (we changed our mind) and silent coat, insultation (we over ordered). So watch out for them in due course.

Mike.

Hey Mike and welcome to the Forum....we love pics!

Love Norfolk..we are not too far away in sometimes sunny Suffolk!

Out of interest...is the bulkhead fibreglass? ;)

Reactions: CAB
...making it look less like a Trendline and more like a Highline....
Just what I did, great fun specing it up. Mfsw, front fogs, decent alloys is a good start. I too now have a sliding bed sofa with vangear pod system giving me a versatile lightweight camper/ day van. Decided not to go for a roof though....

The bulkhead isn't fibreglass maybe only the Startlines have them?! ;-)

I have fogs, led strip drls and splitter ready to go on. Already got some delivery miles Claytons which will do for a while. I quite fancied the 18" Springfields but couldnt justify cost with everything else on the spend list.

Will follow up with photos once the proper build gets going.

Good luck with your conversion Mike 78. Would be interested to see how it goes, I have similar plans but will pay others tondo most of the work after I do the lining myself.

Hello T6 World.

A quick introduction. Since the original Calfornia came out I have wanted a camper, since the begining of lockdowns I've seriously wanted one. I've spent months planning in my head the conversion finding so much useful knowledge and information on this forum. I watched lockdowns come and go, watched the prices of used van go up and up so started looking at 2010 Merc Vitos and Custom Transits (sorry). But then in the summer we hired a T5 and had a fantastic holiday on the NC500. Two months later after us each of us going through the envitable we only live once moment we've bought a Reflex Silver 2018 T6 LWB panel van.

The conversion has started. We've had the Skyline Aurora fitted and I've started with the important part - making it look less like a Trendline and more like a Highline :) Over Christmas we've done the sound proofing and insultation, carpetted panels, changed the bench to captains and fitted the swivel. The plan is to do everything myself. It will be pretty much bread and butter for you lot but I am planning some 'bespoke' bits like rear sofa instead of rib bed, built in toilet, hand built cupboards. I'll share pictures if it turns out nice and there's interest.

Fairly soon I'll be listing some for sale bit - can anyone guess what they are going to be - yep well done at the back, bulkhead, steel wheels & bench seat! I've had no interest selling else where but I understand supply & demand so they will be going for knock down prices. There will also be some more exciting stuff like fake barn door windows (we changed our mind) and silent coat, insultation (we over ordered). So watch out for them in due course.

Mike.
You flirted with the dark side, but made it through to the (b)right side. Welcome.

Reactions: JOG
Ha thanks for the belated welcome :) how strange this thread is resurrected 4 months on. I've literally just finished the van and posted photos in the Show Me channel... Meet Sheldon

Back