Negotiating with a dealer!

P
To be realistic you have to take the cost of the finance, for the term of the loan, from the agreed purchase price.

This sounds a brilliant ploy. Would love to know if the plan succeeds! I can't think why it shouldn't work but of course it all depends on what's in the small print, it may say that if the agreement is ended early the £500 contribution has to be paid back as well as the balance of the loan. Let's hope not.

Indeed, but worst case scenario it costs a couple of hundred pounds in interest so I'm still up. I believe the dealer gets a bung for selling the finance and doesn't care what happens afterwards but I will have a magnifying glass out for the small print before anything is signed.

VW finance was around 10% when I was looking, I could have got a loan from the bank, bought the service package at full price and still would have saved when Compared to dealer finance with £500 knocked off.

VW finance was around 10% when I was looking, I could have got a loan from the bank, bought the service package at full price and still would have saved when Compared to dealer finance with £500 knocked off.

4.9% is what I have from them.

Service plan and extended warranty are always good cards to pull out near the end if you don't quite get what hoped for off the price (assuming your planning to keep it for a while) you can try getting one or both of these, warranty is few hundred service is a couple hundred more depending what you opt for

I took the mrs along when I went to look at ours as she would be able to keep a sensible head and not let me get to excited, in reality roles reversed as she was trying to convince me to buy it when the salesman was sat next to her on the test drive. Luckily she saw some shiny California's in the show room and was browsing those when negotiations kicked off.
My missus is really sharp, but she plays the 'I'm just a girl card' in the dealers on cue, with things like colour and feeling and all sorts. And she is just as keen as me, but keeps her head screwed on to the figures, or I'd come home with a Cali and no beer tokens for years to come! o_O

Service plan and extended warranty are always good cards to pull out near the end if you don't quite get what hoped for off the price (assuming your planning to keep it for a while) you can try getting one or both of these, warranty is few hundred service is a couple hundred more depending what you opt for
I've checked the plans out and I'm going to throw this in the mix as well... see if I can get a good deal on those as well!

I must admit my mrs is good at asking some obvious questions that I think are too silly or simple to ask and sometimes the answer isn't what I expected.

Depends on the dealer, call around, even in Europe.. where ever you buy from new, your Bus is covered under a local VW warranty.

P

This sounds a brilliant ploy. Would love to know if the plan succeeds! I can't think why it shouldn't work but of course it all depends on what's in the small print, it may say that if the agreement is ended early the £500 contribution has to be paid back as well as the balance of the loan. Let's hope not.

Have just spoken to VW finance. Withdrawal figure was £5006.93, no repayment of deposit contribution or loss of services. So 2 services and £500 off for the princely sum of £6.93. Well happy :)

Back