Need The Front Slightly Lower, Hub Mod?

Remember 10 mm on the adjuster will change the height of the car by 15mm probably because of the motion ratio and the fact the spring sits further in towards the pivot point than the wheel does ( hope that makes sense )

as previously mentioned, before doing the drastic hub mod, speak to THQ about their modified top mounts, it drops the front by roughly 15-20mm simple to do and in my opinion safer than a hub mod

as previously mentioned, before doing the drastic hub mod, speak to THQ about their modified top mounts, it drops the front by roughly 15-20mm simple to do and in my opinion safer than a hub mod
Have you got a picture of these modded top mounts , I have someone I know who has modified top plates and they snapped and the shock shaft broke through in to the Wiper motor cavity , Dangerous ??

A lot of the LDT guys run them and I’ve never heard of them breaking. Either they were machined incorrectly or bought from a dodgy supplier

A lot of the LDT guys run them and I’ve never heard of them breaking. Either they were machined incorrectly or bought from a dodgy supplier
Too many unsafe mods being done in the quest for ridiculous dropped vans, its time there was more policing of dangerous mods to cars , I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of an accident caused by an unsafely modded van .

188dee13-4542-4c38-824c-fe1e48e65666.JPG

Did you ever go ahead with this T32 mod as I am looking to lower the front by about 15mm and these look perfect?
Yes we have them in stock but they are designed to be used with a T 30 shock the bracket in the picture adapts the T30 shock to fit a T 32 and go lower

I cant use them on a T 32 shock , what kit do you have or have you still got to purchase a kit .

steve

Hey Steve,

I have ABP with Bilstein struts, mine is a T32, looking to go a further 20m down in the front when fully aired out.

Can you help?

I know the So Low front air struts are shorter for mine but I don’t think you can get the struts on their own, as in no bags.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

I’m looking forward to Steve’s reply, he hates low low lol, he sorted my rear bump stops and adjustable drop links the other day, I’m on solows , he did a great job as usual.

Them T32 conversion brackets look very interesting, wish I saw them before purchasing T32 coilovers tbh. They just don't go 'low' enough to have a reasonable arch gap!

The front hubs can be modified to allow the shock to slide through more than designed . caution with this because the shock mustn't get close to the drive shaft ( remember the drive shaft CV rubber does expand at speed ) , the shock it self also needs modifying as the brackets will need to be removed and re mounted higher .
Changing the front springs is probably the easiest ( and safest ) alternative
Lifting the rear is very easy but sounds like that isn't an option for you
How would you lift the rear? Normal springs rather than lowered ?

Back