My T6... (sponsored By Amazon)

Cqweaky

Hi!

Not sure if 'build threads' exist here but it's been a while since I've done one and I plan to keep this van for a long time so might as well start early!

So after a relatively unsuccessful spell of running a car dealership for 2 years I needed a flexible way to make money fast and Amazon were desperately looking self employed van drivers in November of last year in time for Christmas, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Hertz gave me a rental 2016 Transporter Startingline and after 2 months of driving I loved it that much that I knew I had to get one of my own! And here she is...

m-nDjAOsSMZ0E1MCQ7XtnPSY_LtBF5JP28m_E-o54kUVtr6CdrmPpdUmUEaNC7F_j5mZHwWpmR1cWefkG=w1838-h1378-no.jpg
ZK5FZPmLgSatzsp4AORxbWO-s1RVO5RR3V2w-NT_JYDTdDRqHxbo6hD7bye9hxqEUYrdGSeG7HK0Iy7DE=w1838-h1378-no.jpg

November 2015, 2.0 TDI Trend Line, high mileage at 116k but previously owned by VW in Nottingham firstly as a demo and then as a transporting vehicle for parts with full VW stamped service history. I was delighted to have been able to get a T6 at a great price!

Having turned 25 last year I've decided that this year is the year I need to move out and get a place somewhere in England, possibly near Manchester. I intend to work hard doing delivery driving and spraying wheels until I can gather a decent deposit and start a new life in England. The leftovers from the car dealership include a 2008 BMW 750i which I intend to sell and this GTi which I wrapped blue (for fun!) which I'm not sure I want to sell yet or trade in against a nice automatic estate 3 series which which would be the more practical daily (have 2 dogs).

Qn6ZIJ5_ZX3oQUXE4WMKfTaw2M7d4EP3MGsoMD2219mcmxH09WgJ_ekkztc8ZNfW7btzUgBfJov4Psml1=w1838-h1378-no.jpg

The temptation to wrap this T6 is very real!

I also own this, a 1987 MK2 GTI 16v which I'll probably keep forever!

Ati4AgEIV8TtIBK1Lv77RrMHpWM6gxrE7wG42160yYBIs8U_vHonahlqWwCJFUloLKjaA7W_Mwoz9bIfg=w1838-h1378-no.jpg

And previously owned this A4 which is still the love child... :(

Anyway, back to the van which seems boring in comparison but I love it to bits and am going to do my absolute best to keep her immaculate! I've only kitted her out with LEDs inside and out, fitted Gel plates, a GPS Tracker (ain't taking no chances!) and painted the rear plastic bit above the number plate where the barn door handle is.

New plates
tvjmjqBDTLqxVVfEy6quE8NprMrcyc2nPsn0drgCq7Vu4-HOqsYnAvrFUxyt6JMKg-fGkjejppsh8j7Ijo=w690-h1378-no.jpg

The difference wax makes - the water droplets look like they glow from a certain angle!
cqovbSnPpGVgpjOvJJ0wyXU0fan2gudd21gzVkpkdj_Q8ufXf7anm3DT9_2B-_M88Bf1ilur4zgOtMHCg=w1034-h1378-no.jpg

Why I try not to let it get dirty!
gXXn9VcN3SDPZ5xpUllYBeyM7ma0G-ak1mVQqwaw49TpP0Tdw1PjULMsGEqotm1uZDs5jlwDKrGnPo8Ee=w1838-h1378-no.jpg

In the future I'm very keen to get a set of Rotiform RSEs and lower 50mm but probably not while I'm using it as a work vehicle! Once I'm done with Amazon it will be used solely for the wheel business which I'm working on setting up. I was also very excited to find out that a stage 1 map brings the Euro 5 2.0TDI engines safely to 187BHP so that will probably be the first big spend on the list given it feels very dead for a 2.0TDI at a mere 102BHP!

Much more to follow...stay tuned!
;)

q7WGYkyev5v8UjWSvN_--U1LHrV81tFcjxm2iSjjhh12XxXAaYHdQBNwoDfvyTIYKMM7fPqexlzNxJvtO=w2048-h1365-no.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good to see you've fitted a tracker, not sure i'd be posting your reg and approx location of the tracker though

If ever a post needs to be edited and someone is unable just use the report post button with a brief description and someone will look at it for you

We all have to make a living and car dealership is a very competitive business. Good on you getting a T6 for delivery though I not sure I'd want to be driving a Jetta around let alone keep it still everyone to their own.
Good luck with the wheel business.

Back