must haves on T6.1

RayC

Tyre testing and development
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello all

I'm toying with changing my 2018MY T6 for the 6.1

are the standard headlight still pants (H4) I upgraded the T6 to H7 from Forum shop but still can't justify £1000 for LED

is the dashboard better as mine has the standard dash and there is a cubby on top not a lid (comfort dash I think it was)

Any really good options, I'm thinking as below
T30 SWB 6spd Man 150ps
Pure Grey
Carpet inside
80l fuel tank
uprated starter battery and alternator (92ah AGM)
Tailgate with power latch (not self open)
Twin sliding doors i make the cost to have them powered only about £50 more than power latching is that right - if so power doors
Rear Camera
Heated front seats

thanks for input

The rear camera works well and the heated seats are a nice touch (I have both of those options) I also have factory LED headlights though (front and rear) and they are amazing! it's the first time I've owned a vehicle with full LED headlights and i'm still mind-blown how good they are over any other headlight I've ever used... please reconsider the LEDs!

Last edited:
Hello all

I'm toying with changing my 2018MY T6 for the 6.1

are the standard headlight still pants (H4) I upgraded the T6 to H7 from Forum shop but still can't justify £1000 for LED

is the dashboard better as mine has the standard dash and there is a cubby on top not a lid (comfort dash I think it was)

Any really good options, I'm thinking as below
T30 SWB 6spd Man 150ps
Pure Grey
Carpet inside
80l fuel tank
uprated starter battery and alternator (92ah AGM)
Tailgate with power latch (not self open)
Twin sliding doors i make the cost to have them powered only about £50 more than power latching is that right - if so power doors
Rear Camera
Heated front seats

thanks for input
So here's what I ordered thats differing from your spec.

T32... Vat reclaim
150 plenty of oomph
DSG a total must.. super smooth.. left arm never leaves the rest.
Rubber mats. We've got kids / like to go walking and can drive home in boots... you can always add mats..
80l tank.. yep got that.. 600+ range
Tailgate power latch.. Its heave enough and you have gravity on your side to get it closed.
( I went for side power latching.. no many slam the door.. very subtle. )
Powered tailgate over powered doors.. My biggest regret.
Rear camera is very good.
Heated seats are great.. super hot .

Led's Amazing... rob a post office.. a must..
Park assist.. parralel parks into spaces I wouldn't have attempted.. you also then get full wrap around sensors.. 50th birthday treat option..

Think thats it.. I prefer the dash.. the t6 looks a bit 90's still no where to put anything.

hope that helps/.. I'm sure loads of fellow forum folk will have more advice for you.

All the best

Simon

Thanks, I might look again at the LEDs it does seem the T6.1 has the H7 lights now

The reason for T30 is I need to fit 16" wheels as its used for tyre testing the T32 gets bigger brakes, same for manual over DSG I need to use the manual so I can test aquaplaning, I assume you still get Vat back on T30 as its commercial anyway??

rubber mats I have already in the T6 so will hoof them in the new one

does anyone know if the T6.1 gets the traction control off button as standard in the dashboard

Thanks, I might look again at the LEDs it does seem the T6.1 has the H7 lights now

The reason for T30 is I need to fit 16" wheels as its used for tyre testing the T32 gets bigger brakes, same for manual over DSG I need to use the manual so I can test aquaplaning, I assume you still get Vat back on T30 as its commercial anyway??

rubber mats I have already in the T6 so will hoof them in the new one

does anyone know if the T6.1 gets the traction control off button as standard in the dashboard
I've got the traction control button and didnt request it....

Is it a panel van? If so then no problems with the vat... I know I had to get the t32 Kombi re the vat / reclaim..

I've got the traction control button and didnt request it....

Is it a panel van? If so then no problems with the vat... I know I had to get the t32 Kombi re the vat / reclaim..
no will be Kombi I go for

Then I'm pretty sure you cant claim the VAT back.
if it has payload of 1000kg and a fitted bulkhead in between the seats and burden area is my understanding its then OK for VAT reclaim

anyone know if the brakes are bigger on T32 vs T30 I assumed they were

Ordered 6.1 T30 150 kombi high line
Pure grey
Carpet
LED lights (thanks to those who said was needed)
80l tank
Seat heaters
Uprated battery and alternator
Reverse camera
2+1 seats
Bulkhead
Power latch boot
Twin electric sliders

Had that on a Tiguan kids liked it but it’s a gimmick really
I mainly use to parrallel park fast in London.. It does sneak it into tighter spots than I would normally have gone for.. you also get the all round parking sensors..

I'm going to look at a T6.1 on Friday and now have a list so long that the chap might need a coffee or two whilst I ask him questions.......

It's also around trip of 1200km's so fingers crossed.

Had that on a Tiguan kids liked it but it’s a gimmick really

Yeah, the novelty soon wears off.
I had it on my Tiguan and previous to that, on a Qashqai. Used it a few times on the Nissan until the novelty wore off and didn’t use it once in the two and a half years I had the Tiguan.

Here in Spain they use the “bump bump” system when parking ie: reverse back until you hit car behind then move forward until you hit car in front and your in........ many of our Spanish friends tell us they leave their hand break off so at least the scratches are not to bad!!!!!!!! We tend to park in parking bays and not on the streets these days!

Back