must haves on T6.1

I got the T30 and still reclaimed the VAT.
Its all down to the magic 1000kg payload.. for instance you can't reclaim for a t32 4 motion as it falls short of the net payload.. i got the t32 on the advise of my accountant and claimed 90% of the vat back as to allow for 10% personnal use. lots of threads on here.

Last edited:
You can claim the vat back on any of the range. Its all about the usage these days. Makes a mockery of the road tax, which is out of step.
If you get a tax investigation the HMRC will ask for proof that you are using it as a work van. My Accountant quoted the Coke Cola case.

Seems to be the way the modern tax system works, make the rules vague and more people will pay than need to out of fear.

You can claim the vat back on any of the range. Its all about the usage these days. Makes a mockery of the road tax, which is out of step.
If you get a tax investigation the HMRC will ask for proof that you are using it as a work van. My Accountant quoted the Coke Cola case.

Seems to be the way the modern tax system works, make the rules vague and more people will pay than need to out of fear.
I think Coca Cola lost the case !

The rear camera works well and the heated seats are a nice touch (I have both of those options) I also have factory LED headlights though (front and rear) and they are amazing! it's the first time I've owned a vehicle with full LED headlights and i'm still mind-blown how good they are over any other headlight I've ever used... please reconsider the LEDs!
Im so glad you said this about the LED's also my options, was getting worried with all the other reply. Camera and side assist and electric tailgate too.cant wait for it to come

Reactions: Jlo
Hello all

I'm toying with changing my 2018MY T6 for the 6.1

are the standard headlight still pants (H4) I upgraded the T6 to H7 from Forum shop but still can't justify £1000 for LED

is the dashboard better as mine has the standard dash and there is a cubby on top not a lid (comfort dash I think it was)

Any really good options, I'm thinking as below
T30 SWB 6spd Man 150ps
Pure Grey
Carpet inside
80l fuel tank
uprated starter battery and alternator (92ah AGM)
Tailgate with power latch (not self open)
Twin sliding doors i make the cost to have them powered only about £50 more than power latching is that right - if so power doors
Rear Camera
Heated front seats

thanks for input
If you say it quick, you hardly notice it, lol.

Just a quick question. I have a lwb with tailgate coming. Where is the rearview camera mounted ? Is it near the number plate or on top of door? Is the picture quality good ?cheers

So here's what I ordered thats differing from your spec.

T32... Vat reclaim
150 plenty of oomph
DSG a total must.. super smooth.. left arm never leaves the rest.
Rubber mats. We've got kids / like to go walking and can drive home in boots... you can always add mats..
80l tank.. yep got that.. 600+ range
Tailgate power latch.. Its heave enough and you have gravity on your side to get it closed.
( I went for side power latching.. no many slam the door.. very subtle. )
Powered tailgate over powered doors.. My biggest regret.
Rear camera is very good.
Heated seats are great.. super hot .

Led's Amazing... rob a post office.. a must..
Park assist.. parralel parks into spaces I wouldn't have attempted.. you also then get full wrap around sensors.. 50th birthday treat option..

Think thats it.. I prefer the dash.. the t6 looks a bit 90's still no where to put anything.

hope that helps/.. I'm sure loads of fellow forum folk will have more advice for you.

All the best

Simon

Why did you regret the power tailgate?

I've got a T30, 140 4Motion with small brakes. They stop well though, quite sufficient.

is that a T6.1? hmm, Dealer told me they are bigger discs on the 4motions, to be honest, he didn't really have a clue.

is that a T6.1? hmm, Dealer told me they are bigger discs on the 4motions, to be honest, he didn't really have a clue.
No, a T6, from what I've read the 4Motion or 2WD makes no difference in terms of brakes on T6's and I can't see why that would change on the T6.1, maybe I'm wrong and the dealer is right, but there's no reason why a 4Motion needs bigger brakes.

I too regret not getting the tailgate powered. tried to add it to order but van was already close to shipping when I tried to change the spec. I do regret not getting LED lights but the cost was just too much, Happy with the replacement bulbs I got from Transporter HQ as stock lights are appalling. Now just really need a cup holder solution

i Have T32, brakes suck, LEDs are brilliant.

You'll get the VAT back if your buying through your business and the van is registered to the business. Never had an issue with this on any of my vans

i Have T32, brakes suck, LEDs are brilliant.

You'll get the VAT back if your buying through your business and the van is registered to the business. Never had an issue with this on any of my vans
Can I double check if you get the VAT back on buying a Kombi? It seems since the coca cola case HMRC have classified Kombis as cars and not as a van. If there is a way round this I'd love to know.

340mm front discs, very good brakes. I think they have saved me getting crushed against the barrier by a lane changing truck, luckily nothing close behind me at the time.

Back