Music Fades In And Out

XZO

T6 Pro
Hi
I have a 68plate Caravelle with the Discover Media satellite navigation system. When I play music from an SD card, from the phone storage or from the internet via the phone it fades in and out.

I don't get any fade when listening to the radio whether voice or music.

Can anyone advise if this is a setting thing or whether I need to contact VW.

The only changes I have made to the ICE is a new set of front Eton speakers.

Thanks

that normally happens when you have the Navi announcements or a message etc from the phone. (it will reduce the music volume so you can here the navi announcements)

look at the auto mute and navi speech volumes on the radio.

and look at the system and notification volume levels on your phone.

As @Dellmassive said. You may find the the Navigation announcements have zero or very low volume set so the perception you have is that the music fades in and out when an announcement takes place.

You can also set the volume to adjust with road speed. More speed equals more road and wind noise, so the volume adjusts accordingly. Slow down and the volume will decrease. It's all in the Sound Settings Section.

Reactions: XZO
Adjusted all message and notification settings on the phone and in the HU. And auto speed volume thingy.

So far after a quick test I think it all sorted.

Thanks for the advice

I was having the same issue and started to worry about a weird electronic fault. It was the alerts as Dellmassive and Dilbert suggested.
Crisis averted.
Thanks guys!

Back