Kenwood DNX518VDABS - Traffic information

Colin123

Posting in case this is of use to anyone as it took me some time to find myself!

My T6 came with the Kenwood DNX518VDABS which includes Garmin satellite navigation. The traffic updates were not being received when I got it so I tried to work out why. One manual I have described how to update using Garmin Express and a micro SD card ... which resulted in my updating the maps but have nothing to do with traffic information. The maps were on my agenda but not what I was actually trying to achieve just now. Another manual I have said something about going to the Garmin website ... (page didn't exist). Next online I found a suggestion of creating some sort of Garmin account and then telephoning them ... that's when the solution appeared. Garmin (helpful chap) said to contact Kenwood as it was now done differently.

So the solution ... simpler than I even imagined. Install the Kenwood Traffic App on your phone. Start the App and create an account. Connect by bluetooth to the radio ... and that's it. Signing up seems to have given me a 5 year subscription. It's email address based buy the look of it ... so 5 years time ...

Hope this helps someone!

RDS-TMC was switched off around March, affecting everyone who used it

inrix is the new supplier, which powers the kenwood app

Back