Mud Flaps for tailgate vans... recommendations??

Thanks @drays . Look good.

I am still not sure the front ones are worth having. They look very similar to OEM and I know people have said they are a waste of time as they do very little. How do you find their effectiveness of keeping mud off the side bars and van sides?

Cheers.

They’re ok. They’re pretty small but better than nothing. They don’t completely stop the side bars getting dirty.

I was going down the same lines in that the rear ones are so much nicer than the oem ones, and I was going to get the oem fronts. But I tried the front ones on, and they are a decent fit, and match the rears, so I haven’t felt the need to change them.

They’re ok. They’re pretty small but better than nothing. They don’t completely stop the side bars getting dirty.

I was going down the same lines in that the rear ones are so much nicer than the oem ones, and I was going to get the oem fronts. But I tried the front ones on, and they are a decent fit, and match the rears, so I haven’t felt the need to change them.
Where did you get these from please.

Cheers

Where did you get these from please.

Cheers

I used these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aochuang-S...lash+guard&qid=1562537321&s=automotive&sr=1-1
not cheap but dead easy to fit and didn't require holes in the bumper (think I had to make one extra hole in the plastic wheel arch liner for the rears).

They look good, could possibly have done with being a tad longer but I'm very happy with them.

I have these ones (bought from Ali Express for about £25) and they fit great using existing fixing points.

As above they are the same Amazon ones in that link. The link where I got them from is below, but they don't look like they currently have stock. You may be able to find some more on there if you search.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mud-Flaps-Guards-Front-Rear-for-Volkswagen-T6-Transporter-2017-2018-MULIVAN-2016-2018-CARAVELLE-Car/32950762968.html?tt=sns_none&aff_platform=default&cpt=1547715967677&sk=1bQ8fU9&aff_trace_key=ede1922628664a55a9184860af46496e-1547715967677-04700-1bQ8fU9&terminal_id=dcd7bdd34c6b492c848d4cce2a6cba36

Just fitted B14´s and 20" wheels on my T6. The wider front wheels mean that there is a lot more dirt kicked up on the front door, want to protect the door from getting blasted with stones and dirt. The stock front mudguards are not much help. Has anyone found a solution that works? Thinking of fitting some narrow strips to the lower part of the front door.

In preparation for winter I'm thinking of fitting mud flaps to the van, as it gets filthy as it is in this 'summer' we are having.
Currently running 20" wheels but going to a set of devonports for winter, so hopefully the flaps should actually do something.

Which ones should I be looking for, genuine vw/OEM or aftermarket?
I'm not sure if I like the look of the rear ones that sit further rearwards up the bumper, I'm guessing they are genuine ones? Are they more effective sat there?

Cheers.

I’ve just removed my oem rear ones, they were of no use what so ever and if you want to run low they just catch everything when you have anything in the back, trouble is they leave three dirty great holes, who ever invented them needs shooting, they’re the worst thing ever and as you say they don’t even look good .

Yip, I couldn't get my head round the rear flaps being in the wrong place with the OEM design. I also tried some custom moulded ones that others have fitted on the forum. But although they look nice, they're too short to be effective on a van with standard ride height. I settled for these with some brackets I knocked up to make them fit in the right place.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LB9THZW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_DzzHAbHDTPX2S

20190706_221513.jpg

20190706_221734.jpg

Thanks for the pics.
Decided I quite like the front OEM ones, so maybe just the rears I'll go aftermarket.
Anyone fitted any aftermarket rears that are moulded to the bumper and fit in the usual place (ie. directly behind the wheel)?

Back