Mot and lowering springs

Savgav1

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Well just had 2nd .ot done on van at kwikfit. Got 4 advisories on springs for modified but not seriously weakened........because there lowering springs? Out of 20 odd years of driving and every motor being lowered that is the first time I've had an advisory for that. Won't be taking kwikfit again.

Should of when I queried it he said coils are touching. The springs compressed more they are lowering springs.....then tells me .y top tint is illegal and I should put smaller wipers on. Asked him if he could see through it and get manual out and show where it states that... to which I now have an advisory for that too

Should of when I queried it he said coils are touching. The springs compressed more they are lowering springs.....then tells me .y top tint is illegal and I should put smaller wipers on. Asked him if he could see through it and get manual out and show where it states that... to which I now have an advisory for that too
Just get another MOT

It’s lack of product knowledge. And covering their arse even though they are clueless and that’s not an advisory - pass and advise as advised by the ministry!!

Moral of the story - don’t go to KF
Well that's a turn out for the books. Had kwikfit ring me a said they tested as wrong class had to take back for class 4 mot.......thought was class 7 t32 kombi with weight 2300kg

Even more strange as the digital system shouldn’t let them! And These guys have Hunter now at most places …..

Not so sure kiwk fit is an appropriate name.
Bodge it and scarper sounds about right.

and this is a nation company.

Back