Mito wall table rail on a sliding door, has any one tried and found it still allows the door to open?

davepage1

I've done some searching but can't find anyone who has attached a table rail to the inside of a sliding door? I would ideally like to try and use the Mito table rail but would it hit the side of the van when opened? Has anyone experimented with this? I've a twin slider so am a little stuck.

I've done some searching but can't find anyone who has attached a table rail to the inside of a sliding door? I would ideally like to try and use the Mito table rail but would it hit the side of the van when opened? Has anyone experimented with this? I've a twin slider so am a little stuck.
Wouldn't you be worried about someone opening the door from outside with table attached?

Sorry, can't help with actual the question.

I would a little bit but it’s only me and the family and they’re not too silly. I would also lock that door when using it too.

Reactions: CAB
Not done it myself but the profile is significantly less than the rubber door stop so would think it will be fine. As check get a piece of material of similar height and tape to the door and see what clearance there is

Any weight added to the sliding door card will cause the fir tree clips to detach and could allow the card / table to rub on the bodywork.
I’ve needed to add self adhesive HD Velcro strips to back up the fir tree clips.
The root cause is the need to slam the door to get it to catch, if you have power latching it shouldn’t be an issue.

Hi @hunta yes I have had the Mito rail on the inside of my sliding door for ages and used the table on it lots. It doesn't really work with a table with no leg but I have one that I bought with my Vangear Nano Pod so I can use the table attached to the door if I don't want it attached to the pod. It just give a slightly different layout. It's unobtrusive on the door and certainly solved my original problem.

Hi @hunta yes I have had the Mito rail on the inside of my sliding door for ages and used the table on it lots. It doesn't really work with a table with no leg but I have one that I bought with my Vangear Nano Pod so I can use the table attached to the door if I don't want it attached to the pod. It just give a slightly different layout. It's unobtrusive on the door and certainly solved my original problem.
Perfect, thank you @davepage1

Back