T6.1 Door Mirror Operation after battery disconnect.

EAN

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Bit of an odd question, but how do the door mirrors behave on a T6.1 when the main battery is disconnected and reconnected?
I have to fold my mirrors in, via the door switch, in order to park it in my garage.
Soon I’m going to be disconnecting my starter battery while I do some work on it in the garage and I just want to double check that they aren’t going to unfold and hit the walls when I reconnect the battery back up.
Modern vehicles are so overly complicated with software.

My suspicion is that with them being under the control of the door modules and the door modules needing to be reset after a battery disconnect that there is a risk of them unfolding on power up.

Is it just a tight door or are you right against the wall indoors?

Reactions: EAN
My suspicion is that with them being under the control of the door modules and the door modules needing to be reset after a battery disconnect that there is a risk of them unfolding on power up.

Is it just a tight door or are you right against the wall indoors?
That is my concern. I reverse in and the front of the van is tight against a wall either side. If they unfolded they would definitely scrape.
I exit via the sliding door, where I have plenty of room.
To be certain maybe I need to work out which fuse(s) is/are responsible and remove them first before I disconnect.

Back