Mirror Cover. Blown Off By The Wind?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Today a colleague came into work and told me someone had found the upper painted cover off my off side mirror on the floor. On inspecting it is has lots of chips in the paint. As if its bounced around.
None of the clips were broken and it clipped easily back on.
Im wondering if the wind could have blown the cover off. (Mirrors were folded up at them time.)

Seems unlikely. Any evidence that someone has whacked it with their door mirror as they’ve gone by?

Would someone tried to pinch it and dropped it when seen near?

Possible I suppose, but I doubt it. I might ask if the cctv covers it tomorrow.

Today a colleague came into work and told me someone had found the upper painted cover off my off side mirror on the floor. On inspecting it is has lots of chips in the paint. As if its bounced around.
None of the clips were broken and it clipped easily back on.
Im wondering if the wind could have blown the cover off. (Mirrors were folded up at them time.)

Similar thing happened to our van today. My wife returned after being out to find the near side mirror cap on the deck. No evidence at it was whacked. The caps were after market non genuine ones and one clip from the lower part is missing from when I removed the old ones. Very odd....

Similar thing happened to our van today. My wife returned after being out to find the near side mirror cap on the deck. No evidence at it was whacked. The caps were after market non genuine ones and one clip from the lower part is missing from when I removed the old ones. Very odd....
Strange. Mine were genuine but I do think they had been off before as some of the clips were broken, both sides.

Mine got smacked off by a lorry driving over the line too far my side :mad: . The mirror glass got knocked out left hanging by the wire, the case pinged up in the air and bounced along the road, and the whole assembly was at a jaunty angle. Fearing the worst I ran back down the road to recover the case and a passer by had picked it up out the road passed it to me and said surprised it appears to be ok. Rather shocked considering the noise and speed it got hit I looked at it to see one clip broken and only a 50p sized scuff on the edge. I realigned the assembly, pushed the glass back on the glue, and popped the case back on. Apart from the small scuff it looks and functions fine, it's a electric folding and that's still works too.
So after my long ramble what I'm saying is from my experience they appear to be designed (or by chance) able to self destruct without breaking so I would guess it had been knocked by something and popped it off.

Back