Replacement mirror covers

Andyr12

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone had any success with aftermarket mirror covers if so which ones.

When I got home yesterday someone had kindly smashed mine off, neighbour thought it was the dustbin men but I have no prof. Anyway I have repaired the internals thanks to advice on this forum but the coloured mirror cap is destroyed.

I can only assume VW genuine then painted will be costly just wondered how the aftermarket ones compare.

Any advice and opinions greatly received.

I've got these and they are a perfect fit.

They do gloss black and candy white too.
Would you recommend them @dubber36? Thinking of either wrapping mine in real CF or buying these.

Yes. The fit and finish is spot on.

Plus, if you have a brush with the hedge, light scratches can be polished out. You can't do that with vinyl.

I've got these and they are a perfect fit.

They do gloss black and candy white too.
Hi Dubber: just checking- these covers fit with the electric mirrors that fold in don’t they? Guess I should have checked before I bought them. :confused:

@Alan Ginger. Vanstyle also make them - I don't know what colour your van is but they do blue as well as black (and maybe even some other colours but I'm not sure about that).

@Alan Ginger. Vanstyle also make them - I don't know what colour your van is but they do blue as well as black (and may

hi Ayjay: my van is starlight blue: I took the easy/ lazy way out: followed the link and bought a Gloss black set: guess I should have checked more sites. Oh hum all it will be fine. I chose black gloss to match the grille. Thanks again

So, a white van decided his van was about 9 inches narrower than it actually was, and despite me having priority.... Smashed into my wingmirror. Hopefully the electronics are ok (they'd better be, it's heated/powerfolding...), but the cover is long gone.

I've rang VW about a replacement, but as an Edition has sparkly black one's I suspect the cost is going to be approximately 1.5 arms and half a leg. We shall see..

Has anyone tried the aftermarket Carbon fibre ones? Was looking at the ones from vanstyle, but happy for any other recommendations.

Back