Michelin Agilis Crossclimate

I've run these tyres now for 10,000 miles. I've run several sets of Goodyear cargo vector mud and snow previously . I went for these because I fancied a change and liked the look of them too. I've found them to be nothing but excellent in all conditions, living in a rural area of Scotland, they've seen plenty wet, icy and snowy conditions. They also proved to be every bit as good as a summer tyre on the 2 days of sunshine we had back in July!
They get a great big thumbs up from me. View attachment 100880

ei-aprilia, what wheel and tyre size are you running there? Have you tried them with snow chains? Cheers

Standard Davenport wheels, tyres are 215/60/17, I've never had the need for chains but my last two vans have been 4 motion.

How did you get on with these? Please tell
After much debating and research I made the decision to order these tyres.

I call Michelin Customer Service who went into some detail about my driving needs and vehicle usage and types of terrain. It seems the SUV version has very slightly different tread which is also deeper to enable soft off roading which should help me down the muddy tracks and in grassy wet fields.

Just hope it works a I have a 2WD - the T6 does have diff lock but I don't think it is a mechanical lock up.

I'll get them on Friday and I will be in my first wet field on Sunday.

Wish me luck

I had these tyres fitted in May, no noise issues and noticed a notable ride improvement. Not cheap but they are I believe a quality tyre.

So, as promised an update on the agilis cross climates after 12 months and almost 8k miles.

Basically nothings changed for me, they are fairly quiet, handle well, give a great ride, look the part and so far dont look like they have worn at all.

They haven’t really been tested in winter as yet but I can’t fault them on a muddy field or wet grass even on an incline, we were in Dorset earlier in the year and I wanted to put the van up a (wet) grassy bank to take a commanding view, I didn’t really think we would get up there but we did without any fuss - I can guarantee the previous Bridgestones wouldn’t have got anywhere near it..

All in all I‘m glad I got them and wI’ll have another set if these ever wear out (I think there’s another 20k miles in them at least)

We have done over 32,000 miles on ours and there is still over 6mm on average left on all the tyres. :) :thumbsup:

@Daffy. Thanks for the report which is good news, particularly where you talk about the muddy stuff. As I've said elsewhere here on T6F, I've had the SUV version on an Audi Q5 4WD for a couple of years now and have always been impressed with them but that's never been much of a guide as to how they would perform on a 2WD Transporter. Having said all that, I've still only less than 5000 miles on my current tyres and I can't quite bring myself to scrap just yet. If i have to replace even one of them for any reason, I'l probably use it as the excuse to make the jump!

After much debating and research I made the decision to order these tyres.

I call Michelin Customer Service who went into some detail about my driving needs and vehicle usage and types of terrain. It seems the SUV version has very slightly different tread which is also deeper to enable soft off roading which should help me down the muddy tracks and in grassy wet fields.

Just hope it works a I have a 2WD - the T6 does have diff lock but I don't think it is a mechanical lock up.

I'll get them on Friday and I will be in my first wet field on Sunday.

Wish me luck
@XZO Interested to hear about your experiences with these :)

@Linoleum Bonypart did you get the Nokian weatherproof? If so, how did you find them?

Yes ….. have them on …. Been all over the uk this year …. Can’t fault them ….

Just thought I'd share my experience of Nokian Weatherproofs;
I bought my van in late 2019 and quickly replaced the 16" Claytons with some 18" steels and Nokian Weatherproof 235/55/18.
All was well in the world and I have posted several times on here about how good they were, excellent in the mud and on the tarmac, wet or dry.
So 2 years and over 24K miles later and they've still got 5mm of tread on and very even wear, but I became convinced I had a wheel bearing going, the droning noise became dreadful, but there is no play in the wheels when I jacked the van up and the wheels rotate smoothly.
Then to make driving even less enjoyable I got a vibration at 60-65mph, not through the steering wheel, through the whole van but seemingly from the front. I swapped front and rear wheels but there was no change. The balance weights are exactly as they were and there are no lumps or bulges on the tyres.

Anyway, to test my suspicions I put the Claytons back on and....... noise and vibration are gone! The van drives smoothly again.

Next stop is a set of 235/55/18 Michelin Cross Climate 2 tyres, I don't like binning tyres with 5mm of tread on but I can't put up with the noise and vibration.

I think the OP said the vibrations were from the Nokian Weatherproofs.....

As a bit of an update we are just back from a jaunt to Lech in Austria and then on to northern Italy to visit family. On the run up to Lech we were following the Snowplough up the pass to the village on a road that was white with roughly an inch of compacted snow, the Agilis cross climates performed brilliantly.

In total they have done just over 10k miles now, I did almost 2,000 miles in 10 days with conditions ranging from sat at a steady 80 mph on the motorway to climbing mountain roads on semi compact snow and I couldn’t be happier with them.

@Daffy. Thanks for the update. That's good to know and it also reflects my experience with the SUV version on both an Audi SQ5 and Q5. Having more or less made up my mind about the Agilis when I come to change my van tyres (probably later this year), I'm now being swayed a bit by all the good stuff that I'm hearing about Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Decisions, decisions.

Back