Michelin Agilis Crossclimate

After much debating and research I made the decision to order these tyres.

I call Michelin Customer Service who went into some detail about my driving needs and vehicle usage and types of terrain. It seems the SUV version has very slightly different tread which is also deeper to enable soft off roading which should help me down the muddy tracks and in grassy wet fields.

Just hope it works a I have a 2WD - the T6 does have diff lock but I don't think it is a mechanical lock up.

I'll get them on Friday and I will be in my first wet field on Sunday.

Wish me luck

Reactions: jdo

I call Michelin Customer Service who went into some detail about my driving needs and vehicle usage and types of terrain. It seems the SUV version has very slightly different tread which is also deeper to enable soft off roading which should help me down the muddy tracks and in grassy wet fields.

Just hope it works a I have a 2WD - the T6 does have diff lock but I don't think it is a mechanical lock up.

Wish me luck
Yep it's an EDL electronic diff lock; just remember to turn off your traction control when off-road in tricky conditions.
It can kill your revs, then it's game over.

Oh, and good luck.:thumbsup:

Reactions: XZO
I went for the Agilis Cross-Climate 205/65 R16 on my T6 camper. I must admit that the tread looks really chunky in comparison to the Cross Climate SUV on my Mitsubishi Outlander. Visually, the tread looks like it will make a pretty good attempt on a muddy campsite, certainly much better than the HiFly summer tyres that were on the van when I bought it. We didn't get stuck with these, but did have a few slippery moments.

For reference, I took the Mitsi out on the Mendip Hills last winter and I was very impressed with the grip on hard-packed snow: good enough to tow-out a Discovery stuck in a modest rut. Its also been fine on muddy car parks.

I'd be interested to hear back from you on how your T6 performs in mud as the 16" Hankooks that came with mine from new might as well be slicks for the amount of use they are! I actually had a new set of Cross Climate SUVs fitted on my Audi Q5 last week - not had to use the 'in anger' yet but they come highly recommended so I'm hopeful.... Mind you at £250 a corner for the 20" version that I need, they bloody well should be good.

Really pleased with our Agilis Cross-Climate tyres. Just back from Scotland and no issues at all and we drove over all sorts of roads and tracks. Best test was probably driving to Noup Head Lighthouse on Westray in Orkney. Really rough, muddy, steep, rocky, grassy track and the tyres didn’t miss a beat. Also drove on sand and mud and came away with real confidence in the tyres. So much better than the contivans it came with which struggled on steepish dry tarmac. Can’t wait to try them out on snow in the Alps this winter.

Resurrecting an old thread.
I thought I would let others know my thoughts on these as I have just had a set fitted today.

I have taken the Bridgestone Touranza's off and fitted a set of Michelin Agilis Crossclimates to my T6 kombi, the old tyres were 235/55/R17 and the new ones 215/60R17 so a little bit narrower but almost identical rolling circumference.

I was a little concerned that they would look odd on the van or be really noisy as they are quite a chunky tread - worry not as I can't say they look any different and from a noise point of view I would say they are quieter than the Bridgestones even though the tyre data sheet says they are 73 db whereas the Bridgestones are 72db.

All in all I am really pleased with them at £606 fitted.

The only downside is the Mrs has taken the van on a mercy dash as our daughter has lost her house keys so they will probably be scraped along the kerb for most of the way (good job they have a kerbing strip built in)

I would say they are quieter than the Bridgestones
I think a set of brand new tyres will almost always be quieter than the worn ones that they replace, regardless of brand. I hope you will let us know how you rate them in a year or so as I'm considering them as my next tyres. :thumbsup:

Daffy, I'm sure that I'm not the only one on here who would be very interested in a report from you once you have had a chance to drive on a variety of surfaces. Please come back at some point.

Markymark. Hopefully, you will see this - I should have asked you a question when you posted lat year - are those Cross Climates on a 2 or 4WD van and what do you think of them now that they have (hopefully) had a bit more use.

Personally, I'm still looking to replace my tyres with all seasons but my conscience just won't let me bin the tyres currently on the van that have still only got about 2000 miles on them (I replaced the 16" wheels with a set of delivery mileage Devonports with original tyres).

I'm sure that I'm not the only one on here who would be very interested in a report from you once you have had a chance to drive on a variety of surfaces.

My reports are already in this thread.......

Daffy, I'm sure that I'm not the only one on here who would be very interested in a report from you once you have had a chance to drive on a variety of surfaces. Please come back at some point.

Markymark. Hopefully, you will see this - I should have asked you a question when you posted lat year - are those Cross Climates on a 2 or 4WD van and what do you think of them now that they have (hopefully) had a bit more use.

Personally, I'm still looking to replace my tyres with all seasons but my conscience just won't let me bin the tyres currently on the van that have still only got about 2000 miles on them (I replaced the 16" wheels with a set of delivery mileage Devonports with original tyres).

will do!

Wish me luck
We’re these as good as you hoped? Thank you.

To me the tread pattern looks like an all season that will be capable in the winter snow and the summer mud. My T6.1 Kombi 2wd is coming in March. Still trying to decide which tyre will give me good winter traction (live high up in wales where the roads arent gritted) and also good for towing a caravan across a boggy campsite in summer

I've run these tyres now for 10,000 miles. I've run several sets of Goodyear cargo vector mud and snow previously . I went for these because I fancied a change and liked the look of them too. I've found them to be nothing but excellent in all conditions, living in a rural area of Scotland, they've seen plenty wet, icy and snowy conditions. They also proved to be every bit as good as a summer tyre on the 2 days of sunshine we had back in July!
They get a great big thumbs up from me. DSC_0011.JPG

Back