MIB2 PQ Discover Media - Infotainment mods, upgrade, FEC / SWaP

Bilgi-eğlence üniteniz hakkında biraz daha bilgi paylaşabilir misiniz?
Örneğin aşağıdakiler:
[EKLE=dolu]89100[/EKLE]
Ayrıca uyarlama haritası, belirli bir şekilde yüklenmiş kodlarla bunların var olabileceği konusunda bazı yansımalar verebilir.
Ancak korktuğum ki VCDS kilitli şifreleri kıramıyor.
mib std2 pq VW JETTA 5K036200F ÜNİTENİ BİLEŞEN KORUMA KALDIRMA İŞLEMİNİ BECEREMEDİM YARDIMCI OLABİLİRMİSİN RİCA ETSEM

Google translatation:
"mib std2 pq VW JETTA 5K036200F I CAN'T SUCCESS TO REMOVE COMPONENT PROTECTION, CAN YOU HELP ME?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: mmi
hi. I had a issue with my mib2 soft ver 0359 and had to do emergency recovery. I did update by 369t but after that showed me in obd eleven incorrect software foult as i was unable to find 359 version. would somone has 359 firmware somewhere where i could downoload?

hi. I had a issue with my mib2 soft ver 0359 and had to do emergency recovery. I did update by 369t but after that showed me in obd eleven incorrect software foult as i was unable to find 359 version. would somone has 359 firmware somewhere where i could downoload?
Downgrade wan't fix that issue. You have done multiple time the same Update, thats why fault is set. You have to clear SWDL list with past update

Anyone managed to fix their optical parking yet? Downgrading to 256 I still have the same problem, so I must have done something stupid.
As per my last post the head unit still bleeps but no change in display :-(

Anyone managed to fix their optical parking yet? Downgrading to 256 I still have the same problem, so I must have done something stupid.
As per my last post the head unit still bleeps but no change in display :-(
Is your OPS not working with all vehicle models selected via first Bytes of the coding? Have you tried any other model? Fo example Golf?

Reactions: mmi
Is your OPS not working with all vehicle models selected via first Bytes of the coding? Have you tried any other model? Fo example Golf?
Yeah tried various models golf and crafter... still a no go

hi everyone i have inserted mib std2 pq with 1x sd chard i would like to insert other skins and insert offroad menu software version is 480t

well, it went not so bad and now I undertand why It was not working...

after succesfully downgrading to 478 I could see the "Vehicle Menu", empty.

View attachment 175754 View attachment 175755

After modifying the "Crafter" images and upload the skin, now it looks like this. :mexican wave:

View attachment 175756 View attachment 175757 View attachment 175758 View attachment 175759

My problem was that the original skin0 that I had, did not have any other model like the crafter in it. When I updated to 480, skin0 was not replaced, only when I updated to 478.

Now I have to try to find a t6 california beach edition model 2018 (instead T6.1) from the original VW Configurator web page.

Regards!
How
well, it went not so bad and now I undertand why It was not working...

after succesfully downgrading to 478 I could see the "Vehicle Menu", empty.

View attachment 175754 View attachment 175755

After modifying the "Crafter" images and upload the skin, now it looks like this. :mexican wave:

View attachment 175756 View attachment 175757 View attachment 175758 View attachment 175759

My problem was that the original skin0 that I had, did not have any other model like the crafter in it. When I updated to 480, skin0 was not replaced, only when I updated to 478.

Now I have to try to find a t6 california beach edition model 2018 (instead T6.1) from the original VW Configurator web page.

Regards!
how did you downgrade

Another update for you all, because why not.

Set of colour 3D clocks fitted today. As predicted, this now carries the data from the trip computer to the MIB unit.

View attachment 75932
View attachment 75933
View attachment 75934
View attachment 75935

Still nothing on the sports display, or steering angle on offroad. Car status still a blank screen from the menu.

I managed to pick up a new gateway at the same time,latest software (BR verision) so once that arrives, it will be installed and we shall see what happens.

On a side note, the premium cluster has given me extra readings such as oil temp (in the cluster, not the radio) and a "refuel" reading which measures in gallons.
Please can you share your 5F admap? Is it necessary any adjust at bus data to get values displayed? Tks in advance. Sory for my bad english ;)

That's my target aswell. Will try it in Golf 6 with colored MFA and Passat B7 again. Will give feedback if there are some news
Please do you know is possible to show fuel consumer on drive school for passat B7? Can you share your passat 5f admap. I am trying to configure one passat B7 2012, with MIB2 pq + nav, with software 363. Tks in advance. Sory for my english.

Hello, I was look on options to upgrade OEM multimedia in passat b6, and mib2 pq caught my eye, but I can't figure out if this specific model comes with DAB or no, model number is 5C0 035 680 D, does anyone know anything about those specific models, what are differences?

After installing R0604 , I’m stuck here :
IMG_6198.jpeg

-> must investigate…

Thanks Robert, It works !
must install mib std tool and apply swap patch,
but the patch file is in bad format, .imgc file
and mibstdtool is "invalid", I will investigate this point during WE.

---edit----
mibtools installed successfully, EU PQ 604 supported since 1.1.1

---Edit2---
no way to apply patch, don't know what to do with .imgc file

Last edited:
lasts hours:
-applying MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T_3G0919360JL (downgrading)
in "service mode" / "test mode" / "SWDL" / "Toggle MANUAL"(touch manual, 1 time) / "download" / "select all" / "install".

-install mibtools again
-verify in 5F / long coding / byte 0-2 is set to crafter
View attachment 168257

-install VW_PQ_P0478_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_CP_OFF_SKIN_FIXED

-copy skins to SD : test mode / GEM / mib2tools / dump / skin

-put SD in computer
-extract skins with

-put skin with my car instead of the crafter ones (sometimes I was not sure, I replaced the "MAN" too )

-compress the mcf with new images:

put skin on SD:

put SD in car, copy skin to car:
GEM/mib2tools/tool/customization/skins/copy from /custom/skins

Show Off
View attachment 168249View attachment 168250

View attachment 168251

View attachment 168252
be careful to align left and right of your image to fit exactly the crafter horizontaly!

View attachment 168256
same for this one, align perfectly the nose and the tail of the car !

I will maybe mod park pilot to paint my multivan in blue

I need to activate sport mode, but it seems to be more difficult :)

If you have a blue "acapulco" multivan, I can share skin, PM ;)

Can someone teach me how to setup this Python tool to extract and compress images please?
I have an Amarok with Discovery Media Nav MIB2.
MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T_3G0919360JL installed easily and nothing changed visually from P0468T
I then installed Toolbox which was fine
As soon as I installed MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T_Alpine_Seat_Skoda_skin_allFEC_CPoff this gave me the fantastic new skins and menu options but removed the Park Pilot images and Volume Balance images which I really need.
So I changed the Long code to Crafter which now shows a large over sized van instead of my ute.
When I reinstall MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T_3G0919360JL it reverts back to normal with the correct images but no skins etc.
By the sounds of it, at this point the only way to keep the skins and menu options is to use the Crafter vehicle I.D and change the pictures?
I have downloaded Python 3.114 and have read some outdated walkthroughs on how to do use the supplied extract and compress tools in the toolbox on my laptop to no success;
I am not a programmer, but I can usually figure most software's out .. not this one haha.
I would really appreciate a walkthrough on how to extract files from the dump locations to put my ute images back on the screen.

Cheers
Neale

lasts hours:
-applying MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T_3G0919360JL (downgrading)
in "service mode" / "test mode" / "SWDL" / "Toggle MANUAL"(touch manual, 1 time) / "download" / "select all" / "install".

-install mibtools again
-verify in 5F / long coding / byte 0-2 is set to crafter
View attachment 168257

-install VW_PQ_P0478_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_CP_OFF_SKIN_FIXED

-copy skins to SD : test mode / GEM / mib2tools / dump / skin

-put SD in computer
-extract skins with

-put skin with my car instead of the crafter ones (sometimes I was not sure, I replaced the "MAN" too )

-compress the mcf with new images:

put skin on SD:

put SD in car, copy skin to car:
GEM/mib2tools/tool/customization/skins/copy from /custom/skins

Show Off
View attachment 168249View attachment 168250

View attachment 168251

View attachment 168252
be careful to align left and right of your image to fit exactly the crafter horizontaly!

View attachment 168256
same for this one, align perfectly the nose and the tail of the car !

I will maybe mod park pilot to paint my multivan in blue

I need to activate sport mode, but it seems to be more difficult :)

If you have a blue "acapulco" multivan, I can share skin, PM ;)
I'm trying to upload new car graphic for my Tiguan, but unfortunately without success.
A want to change graphic in car -> status from Tiguan AD (MK2) to 5N (MK1).
Unit with 0478T software + MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T_Alpine_Seat_Skoda_skin_allFEC_CPoff.

What have I done till now:

1. Dump skins by toolbox.
2. Copy all dump and extracted images by extract-mcf to images folder.
3. Found images which I wanted to change in
skins\skin0\Images\0203070600\CarStatus
4. Replaced car.png and car_transp.png to new images. This same resolution and format.
5. Compressed with new images by compress-mcf to images_new.
6. Copy skin0 folder to SD:
D:\custom\skins\replace\skin0
7. Deleted images.mcf and change images_new.mcf to images.mcf - this is correct or should I leave both files (images and images_new)?
8. Replaced skins0 with toolbox: customization/skins/copy from /custom/skins
9. I'v got information about successfully replaced folder, but when I rebooted unit I saw still old graphic.

So I tried to:
- change coding to Golf and again to Tiguan - still this same
Even when I dumped skins again from unit - there are still old pictures in skin0.
So I assumed the folder has not been changed.
What am I doing wrong?

Hi, recently patched my unit and got car play working. And happy with that. But tried to activate 00060100 - Vehicle Data Interface and 00070400 - Electronic Voice Amplifier (ICC). They both show up as active in the fec/swap off the player. But icc doesn’t seem to be working. Any thing I have to do on the unit to get I working?

And cant Get in to the vehicle interface .
I don’t have a button on my unit with “car” only traffic, but was hoping it would show up as an icon under meny option. But didn’t.

These codes are supported by my unit. And I am pretty sure the icc was active for a while when we bought the car some years ago.
Anyone have any tips? Is it possible to code the traffic button to act as the car button?

Back