MIB2 PQ Discover Media - Infotainment mods, upgrade, FEC / SWaP

Yeah I think so... Not too worry though. Head unit out now to save the battery and parts ordered.
Wondering if the second 478T firmware files is a pre-requisite for skins? Prob explains my error! :oops:
On Mine I had to apply the second one.

I take it you didn't need to modify the metainfo2.txt for the second patch? Sorry for the dumb question.

BTW - Winning with the restore!

Top tip for anyone of you need to use recovery (like dummies like me) when you hit the recovery selection 2 and nothing happens reboot the head unit. The restore will kick into life! #everydayaschoolday

20220910_151207.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so, in the patch there is already lot of aliases.
What is your ID?
[cpu\onlineservices\2\default\Dir]
Link = "[cpu\onlineservices\1\default\Dir]"
[cpu\onlineservices\3\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\4\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\5\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\6\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\7\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\8\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\9\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\10\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\11\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\12\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\13\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\14\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\15\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\16\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\17\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\18\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\19\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\20\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\21\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\22\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\23\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\24\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\33\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\34\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\35\default\Dir]
[cpu\onlineservices\36\default\Dir]

if your ID is between 1 and 24 or 33 and 36, for me, no need to edit.

I thought that too, mines cpu 13 and I did scan each text file so its a bit of a mystery as it appears valid.

So I rescued my head unit successfully, but my optical view doesn't play ball. Even though I have crafter on the screen now. Am I missing something?
Irrespective I now have sport mode, off road, think blue etc though.... not a bad swap ;)

So I rescued my head unit successfully, but my optical view doesn't play ball. Even though I have crafter on the screen now. Am I missing something?
Irrespective I now have sport mode, off road, think blue etc though.... not a bad swap ;)
just apply the skin again and it will work :)

just apply the skin again and it will work :)

I had to recover the unit again. Interestingly though on version 2xx I noticed the proximity display wasn't showing, so I think I've ballsed up somewhere in obd

I had to recover the unit again. Interestingly though on version 2xx I noticed the proximity display wasn't showing, so I think I've ballsed up somewhere in obd
You have to recover due to the skin?

Yeah obtain a few from previous posts and decided to try.
The second 478T patch with Skins fix was fine, it was the last skin pack I had that broke my unit #notetoself

Anyone with optical parking kind to share a VCDS adaptions channel map? I need something to compare against.

Last edited:
Yeah obtain a few from previous posts and decided to try.
The second 478T patch with Skins fix was fine, it was the last skin pack I had that broke my unit #notetoself

Anyone with optical parking kind to share a VCDS adaptions channel map? I need something to compare against.
I can only apologise for that, I'll delete the non working one!
As compensation I'll sort you an adaptation map later today

No need to apologise @TheKeymeister your brilliant guide gave me the confidence to give it a go in the first place :)
I'm good a breaking things anyway, and I learn more that way!

Hi all,

thanks for the great info of this thread.

I tried to follow the steps but I'm not able to activate the "Vehicle Menu" permanantly. I did access to it following the steps of Hybrid activation.

My unit is the following:
Installed SW Train Version
MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0468T

Installed SW MU Version:

Partnumber:
5C0035680G

Installed Codes:
00040100 - Navigation
09400008 - Map Europe
00070200 - Voice Control
00050000 - Bluetooth
00030000 - USB
00060300 - Mirror-link /App-Connect
00060800 - Apple Car Play
00060900 - Android Auto
00060100 - Vehicle Interface
00060200 - Car-Net
00070400 - Electronic amplifier for driver

Supported Codes:
00040100 X - Navigation
00050000 X - Bluetooth
00060100 X - Vehicle Interface
00060200 X - Car-Net
00060300 X - Mirror-link /App-Connect
00060400 - Performance Monitor/ Sport HMI
00060800 X - Apple Car Play
00060900 X - Android Auto
00060b00 - Baidu Carlife
00070200 X - Voice Control
00070400 X - Electronic amplifier for driver
07400024 - ???
08400002 - DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_SKODA_22_15
09400003 - DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_VW_45_15
0c400003 - DB_EU_MIB_STD_GEN2_MAN_SOP1WV2ZZZ7HZJH127144

MIB STD2 Toolbox 4.11t installed (Relesase 1.1.2)

"Vehicle Status Menu"
- I could see the the vehicle status menu following this. --> Robert Steps
- Key combination for CAR menu (VOICE+MENU+NAV) is not working for me.

As far as I understood, this "Vehicle Status" menu can be accessible permanently through the corresponding Skin/HMI (ZR version?)

I'm currently on version P0480T so I will have to downgrade because I think it's HMI is not compatible with 478T skins.... -> Работа со скинами Discover Media PQ/ZR (продолжение) — Volkswagen Tiguan, 2.0 л., 2014 года на DRIVE2

480T has SkinBuildHmiSoftwareVersion=BH29.319.120-202003251528
478T has SkinBuildHmiSoftwareVersion=BH29.319.93-201902011404

I will downgrade to 478 and try with new skins.
@Robert , could you please send me a PM with "some woods for the forest"?

Any help will be really apreciate it.

Thanks for the great work done in this thread!

Last edited:
well, it went not so bad and now I undertand why It was not working...

after succesfully downgrading to 478 I could see the "Vehicle Menu", empty.

PXL_20221012_090027450.jpg PXL_20221012_090109920.jpg

After modifying the "Crafter" images and upload the skin, now it looks like this. :mexican wave:

PXL_20221012_094730310.jpg PXL_20221012_094754992.jpg PXL_20221012_094850844.jpg PXL_20221012_094922593.jpg

My problem was that the original skin0 that I had, did not have any other model like the crafter in it. When I updated to 480, skin0 was not replaced, only when I updated to 478.

Now I have to try to find a t6 california beach edition model 2018 (instead T6.1) from the original VW Configurator web page.

Regards!

Yeah I think so... Not too worry though. Head unit out now to save the battery and parts ordered.
Wondering if the second 478T firmware files is a pre-requisite for skins? Prob explains my error! :oops:
I got the same problem. do not replace the skin using the patch (bad checksum!). use the customization script from mib tool instead!

hi all,

I've been reading along for a while now, but with no advice I've been able to unlock the "Vecile Monitor" on my device. :( Its still on "original T6" Firmware 4.78 (MST2_EU_VW_PQ_PO478T)

I tried to enable "BordComputer" as well as "Sport HMI" via VCDS without success. After enabling "Hybrid menu" i got a (the respective) new Menu entry which, after selecting, just showed "starting vehicle mode" and nothing more.

The main questions I'm not clear about are:
-> Am I able to activate "vehicle menu" on my original firmware by using VCDS or Toolbox only?
-> or is it needed to change any skin or add any swap / fec to the unit?

EDIT:
Just noticed, that my unit seem to miss (needed?) FEC 60100. Its currently available but not installed. I guess i need to "install" it first and then activate through VCDS or Toolbox?

thx for your support, kind regards
Steffen

Last edited:
hi all,

I've been reading along for a while now, but with no advice I've been able to unlock the "Vecile Monitor" on my device. :( Its still on "original T6" Firmware 4.78 (MST2_EU_VW_PQ_PO478T)

I tried to enable "BordComputer" as well as "Sport HMI" via VCDS without success. After enabling "Hybrid menu" i got a (the respective) new Menu entry which, after selecting, just showed "starting vehicle mode" and nothing more.

The main questions I'm not clear about are:
-> Am I able to activate "vehicle menu" on my original firmware by using VCDS or Toolbox only?
-> or is it needed to change any skin or add any swap / fec to the unit?

EDIT:
Just noticed, that my unit seem to miss (needed?) FEC 60100. Its currently available but not installed. I guess i need to "install" it first and then activate through VCDS or Toolbox?

thx for your support, kind regards
Steffen
Hi Steffen,
I had the same problem. Lot's of information and missing the whole picture.

Vehicle Status menu:
The problem is that the T6 Skin does not have the files for those menues, so the HMI Software is not activating it.

The solution is to change the vehicle model skin with VCDS to the VW Crafter one, as it has the necessary files in it.
You will have a Crafter image showed in the menu but at least the menu is now active.

Nexts steps is to extract the images and replace them with yours.

This will need time and patience.

Hi Steffen,
I had the same problem. Lot's of information and missing the whole picture.

Vehicle Status menu:
The problem is that the T6 Skin does not have the files for those menues, so the HMI Software is not activating it.

The solution is to change the vehicle model skin with VCDS to the VW Crafter one, as it has the necessary files in it.
You will have a Crafter image showed in the menu but at least the menu is now active.

Nexts steps is to extract the images and replace them with yours.

This will need time and patience.

Hi tgraudo,

thx for you reply :) ! you pointed it out - lot of information, like a big puzzle and always one important piece missing.

I already changed the skin to the crafter one but then the OPS didn't show any car, neither a T6 nor a crafter. :-/ Also the menu did not show up. Frankly speaking, i'm not really sure if I had activated the correct option / adaption in 5F-interface. Maybe someone can tell which adaption finally activates the vehicle menu (like the "hybrid adaption" does)?

"END122227-ENG-117666-Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2-menu_display_BCmE" ?

One more thing: I've also read, that v4.78 on T6 does (!) include Vehicle Menu unlike the earlier versions. Can someone confirm this?

thx for any advice :)
kind regards
Steffen

Last edited:
Hey guys,

my setup drives me crazy at the moment. So went from 245 -> 480, then downgrade to 478. Applied the Skin patch and vehicle menu and grid style works perfect.
I was also able to export the Skin and had a look into the extracted files. I would also like to change the crafter pictures BUT i do not have the coding crafter in 5F module, only VW-NFZ which has the result that the screens with vehicles are blank. Also OPS etc does not shows up. I can code to VW and Golf will be visible.

Does anybody know why crafter is not present as Byte06 and has an idea?

Thanks for your support,
Peter

Back