MFSW wiring pictures

RattyMcClelland

Chipsaway - South Nottingham
T6 Legend
Does anyone have pictures of the plugs and wiring on a t6 highline steering wheel.

Just received a gti steering wheel and I bought an airbag separate and both a wired slightly different.

I need to know what the t6 without resorting to using the mfsw controls from the t6 wheel.

This is what I have.

IMAG0428_zpsumhjccqs.jpg

IMAG0429_zps8omfrkcf.jpg

I have been looking at this for a few weeks wondering if to go for it but i am still not sure if its a plug and go on the euro 6 wheel, the controls match but.... i see custom vans have done it but it's about getting the right wheel with the correct wiring or will it need modding which ever type i get. maybe you have found out ratty ?
GTIWHEEL.jpg

Last edited:
I have asked a supplier to check out compatibility on wheels for EU5 and EU6 last week
Hoping hes going to come back soon with some info and prices, asked VW and they wanted a grand for wheel and airbag :thumbsdown:

I'll have to remove the wheel at the weekend and take a look.

The airbag I pictured is from a mk7 golf which I think is plug and play with the t6. The black connector is to the wheels multi function.

The steering wheel I have is from a 2016 Polo gti. I don't think this is plug and play as the wiring is different despite the controls being identical to mine.
Looks like I'll have to swap my t6 controls over or buy a mk7 golf controls.

Not an issue its just I wanted to sell the t6 wheel as a complete wheel.

From what I have read online yes mk7 golf wheel is a direct fit IF the controls match up.

Now, I took it apart.
The centre prises out. It's extremely tight. I pulled the bottom out by hand first to allow a dinner knife to fit the gap.
Popped the knife through and pulled both flat edges of the knife up towards me. Alot of force. Then move around the wheel pulling it.

IMAG0430_zpsa9wfgbl5.jpg

The polo's multi function plug.
IMAG0432_zpsourbpaa6.jpg

The only different between the Polo and golf plug is the Polo has an extra blue/ white wire which grounds to the airbag plate. The golf grounds through the yellow plug.

IMAG0433_zpsbjsd3ffp.jpg

It all plugs in.

I'll test it on the t6 at the weekend.

Ok thanks for the info @RattyMcClelland it will be interesting to see if it all works as looks like @T6 dork has had some problems . The other thing stopping ordering one was the switch lights not being red to match the other buttons etc. OCD again

1hna6l_zpsu8ulsfca.jpg

So I swapped it.

The t6 airbag is on the left. The mk7 gti airbag on the right. Eagle eyes will spot that the t6 has a blue/white wire going through the black multi function plug, The golf one doesn't.
The gti has an extra brown ground on the airbag which isn't clearly pictured.

IMAG0441_zpsjzwwshol.jpg

However my Polo gti wheel came with its airbag wiring which is identical to the t6. So I swapped it over to the gti airbag.

Plugged it all in and started the van after connecting the battery back together.

Error codes as follows, airbag light (this has been on since I removed the passenger side airbag panel on the dash inside the door opening so I assume no errors after being deleted with vancom.)
Auto stop start error.
And cruise control showing a concern.

I know it needs to be driven and stopped to reset cruise, so I drove it for 3 miles, then switched engine off and then back on.

Sorted.

No errors apart from airbag as said before it was already on. All buttons work.

IMAG0447_zpsgcebesva.jpg
IMAG0448_zpsckbnrkcs.jpg
IMAG0449_1_zpsyggzu0kq.jpg

Massive advantage of this wheel, I no longer accidently press the buttons with my hand doing tight turns as the wheel is more concave meaning the buttons are more recessed. Plus the flat bottom is erection space, I understand what the designers were trying to achieve.
Placibo effect but wheel feels lighter and smaller even though it's not.
Increased bhp by 10%.

Well done ratty , are the switches red lights as the rest of the dash lites ?

Oh bugger I haven't checked out even thought about.
I'll check later.

Ok thanks ratty it's just my OCD but from my research there white :(

So from what you have done a mk7 golf gti/R wheel fits but the airbag has some different wiring. As you happen to have gti polo airbag in stock, the wiring is the same as the T6 airbag on that.

I wonder if there are any variations on the golf gti wheel airbag/wheel maybe model spec/year.?

Yes just one wire difference which is a ground wire. I cant say if it will make a difference but since I had the wiring to hand I kept it the same.

However everything was plug and play. Even swapping the wiring.

I did this whole swap in 10 mins. From disconnecting the battery to driving off.

So easy.

Red nice all matching bonus, that must be because it's a polo wheel as the golf ones i have found dont have red control buttons

That is spot on Ratty and really looks the dogs :thumbsup: Just what I'm after in DSG form.....good work

Morning guys,

1st time post. I am interested in doing this to a T6 we have in the workshop, does anyone have a tried and tested supplier???

Back