MFSW retrofit: Part Numbers

bullracing

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Please guys I am super dumb and really confused by all the posts. Some part numbers for wheels that will fit would be fantastic. I just want flat bottom and cruise control. Cruise control mainly as trips while towing are driving me crazy.

I have a 2016 shuttle EU6 150 manual.

Trip on stalk
No Cruise control but want to add it
No fogs
Rear wiper on tailgate

current Wheel is plain rubber one.

Will this wheel fit (click for bigger)? Part number showing as 5G0419091 with T on the end
wheel.jpg
It has cancel in the middle which reading is what I need but it has mode button, no idea what that means.
I think (only by look at the pictures) that my current air bag may fit.

I understand I need to do some sort of wiring. Do I need a specific kit. I have found this one VW T5.1 T6 Multifunction Steering Wheel wiring harness | eBay and this one Cable Set Multi Function Steering Wheel Loom Buttons Mfl Vw T6 from Yr 4/2015 4250363330702 | eBay on ebay. Do I need both or just one?

I have commented on your thread. The delete button had dissapeared by the time I finished reading your thread Chang1 so have to leave it to run its course.

It may help to guide people to my thread anyway. Your BCM should be fine as I think all Eu6 vans are compatible. A normal T6 MFSW is definetly the simpler way to go. Good luck in finding one, I struck lucky so be patient and one will turn up.

Afternoon gents, I have the same van as @bullracing 2016 Shuttle LWB EU6 150PS manual.

I am looking to upgrade to cruise control and a multi function steering wheel what is the most strait forward way of doing this? I have tried to get my head round your post @chang1 but i'm also struggling with the first step

Replace steering wheel with cruise and stereo controls - If so does this wheel have everything i require button wise? MFSW from www.cars-equipment.com

Is it more strait forwards to install a cruise stalk and then a MFSW for everything apart from Cruise?

cheers

Rusty

The picture shows it having the ACC button (middle one on the left) so no good. Definitely go straight to MFSW with cruise rather than changing stalks and the wheel.

They look like the correct wheels. Only get paddles if you have a DSG or are confident with a soldering iron and want to do the mod. Paddles can easily be disabled though, so not a problem if the wheel is cheap.

I've still not got my cruise working. I've sort of got a little lazy lately.
I think I just need to turn it on in the engine module.

Go straight and do the wheel, will be no different really.

Wheel purchased, now looking for the airbag loom and repair wires.

Will I need a particular crimp and crimp tool for the repair wires?

Wheel purchased, now looking for the airbag loom and repair wires.

Will I need a particular crimp and crimp tool for the repair wires?
Repair wires will already have the correct crimped terminal on

Moving on from the wheel - mine has arrived went with part number 7E0419091M/74536 as I am happy to change the cruise by buttons rather than paddles.

I'm looking for a airbag loom.

I've found this which is suggesting it may be spot on without modification 6 pin airbag loom can someone confirm if this is the right one.

Cheers

Rusty

@RustyMac was that loom correct?
I've also got the std t6 wheel 7E0 419 091M, and really finding it difficult to work out what loom i need.
Thanks

Total mine field isn’t it?!
Beginning to wish I’d got the dealer to do it....

Hello guys,
I've read almost everything, but I'm still not sure..
Will this steering wheel from golf MK7 (5G0419091DF) works in my T6 without changing buttons? I have cruise control on my levers, trip as well.
Thanks!

Back