Mfd Oil Temp

T6 Guru
... I changed the engine oil and reset the service interval, all with Bosch software and via the Obd socket. on the pc there appeared the writing that the new oil change intervals would have appeared on the dashboard mfd after a distance of 500 km ..... but the digital temperature of the engine oil is now not visible on the mfd screens. ..and even in the setting of what you can 'view .... do you think that after 500km it will be all right? ... or are the two things distinct? ... thanks

True, oil service display will show only dashes "---" next 500 km after resetting. But your oil temperature readout should be there always - it should not have anything to do with oil service display. Are you sure "oil temp" is ticked in the MFD data selections (among travel time, average consumption, distance, digital speed, etc)? Perhaps you could try "factory settings".

..... I tried ... the oil temp has disappeared. the setting .. and resetting the maintenance interval we have not changed anything else ... maybe the quality sensor of the oil is connected to the temperature bulb. ..boh

Oil temp is separate . . . . and should still be there..

What Bosch diag kit did you use? - has it changed the coding when preforming the service reset?

Maybe try a full system reboot (battery disconnected for 30mins then hold the "van positive" and "van negative" main cables together for a a few seconds to discharge any capacitive power in the system then reconnect the battery)

when disconnecting battery always disconnect negative first and reconnect it last. !

Failing all that you might need VCDS to check the coding is all correct. . . . . . or dealer to check coding.

Last edited:
.. but if I remove the battery I lose the memories of the radio stations and that's it? nothing else happens? I would not have to go to a dealer ...
do not the Ocean service batteries intervene in any way in the management of the engine or the instrumentation?
excuse these questions but I'm practical in mechanics and not in electronics ...

.. but if I remove the battery I lose the memories of the radio stations and that's it? nothing else happens? I would not have to go to a dealer ...
do not the Ocean service batteries intervene in any way in the management of the engine or the instrumentation?
excuse these questions but I'm practical in mechanics and not in electronics ...
I would start by reading fault codes, assuming your Bosch kit can do that. Reason being that I have seen that non-communicating units disappearing from dash menus (though not yet on T6 but on a Golf MY14). But these would have been recorded as fault codes either in engine and/or instruments, possibly in central electronics module.

I would bet on this (grabbed from a T6, engine control module):
16230 - Control Module for Instrument Cluster
U1019 00 [032] - Missing Signal for Oil Level/Temperature
[Instrument cluster control module Missing signal oil level/temperature]
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
However, I can't confirm if the oil temp read-out was lost - the fault was just an intermittent one so other effects went by unnoticed. Perhaps just drive a few days to see if the read-out reappears?

But as @Dellmassive stated above there are a few codings and adaptations that do affect even what items shown in MFD data items. Though hard to believe they were altered.

Disconnecting the battery for 30 mins won't harm. I think not even radio stations are lost.

Good point that you have other batteries onboard. To eliminate any hazards I would connect e.g. phone charger into cigarette lighter socket to take care of residual charges. Then I would disconnect only battery negative for 30 mins.

34C7BCFD-AA9D-40D5-BA1C-88C8DAF2DB4D.jpegthese codes appeared after the oil change, after having started in vain twice (the new diesel filter had to be filled) .... my Cali had two or three times the problem of the engine shutdown during the low speed gear '(problem discussed in another post), probably the first code refers to this .... I have deleted the reports from the memory .... I will try' the next few days to check if they have reappeared error codes ...

View attachment 30842these codes appeared after the oil change, after having started in vain twice (the new diesel filter had to be filled) .... my Cali had two or three times the problem of the engine shutdown during the low speed gear '(problem discussed in another post), probably the first code refers to this .... I have deleted the reports from the memory .... I will try' the next few days to check if they have reappeared error codes ...
Thanks, hmmm... getting scary :eek:.

P062B00 = ECU fail o_O (Engine Control Unit - the brains of engine) - have you had flashing coil warning light on your dash, loss of power? I have been told that VW has been working on this quite long time.
P012100 = Throttle Position Sensor (G69) fail - have you any warning lights? This seems to surface every now and then but usually does not have any effect.​

U101900 - I think this is now the main suspect for missing oil temperature as there is no valid oil temperature data :unsure:.

Could you please check your engine code - sticker under dash (on the left LHD). Look for a code like CXHA, CXFA, CXEB,... The engine is 150PS, 204PS? Transmission manual or DSG?

EDIT: just reread your post about engine shutdowns - that is a match with "normal symptoms" of ECU fault. Could you post the link to your post.

EDIT 2: From you post below - no warning lights. Thanks.

EDIT 3: I think these are the links you were referring to:
Safety issue- Engine dies when changing gear.

Last edited:
150 ps, manual , CXFA , Q18..........
senza avvisi luminosi
il motore ok......

Reactions: mmi
but I have a doubt .... in the menu of the possible views of the MFD has just disappeared the temperature of the engine oil .. is not visible with an error signal, just no longer exists ... if it was the bulb or a connector disconnected would give an inconsistent reading, but it would remain visible in the features of the MFD ... or not?
sorry for my ignorance .....

but I have a doubt .... in the menu of the possible views of the MFD has just disappeared the temperature of the engine oil .. is not visible with an error signal, just no longer exists ... if it was the bulb or a connector disconnected would give an inconsistent reading, but it would remain visible in the features of the MFD ... or not?
sorry for my ignorance .....
I do not know for sure. I have seen faulty units to disappear from a MFD menu (a Golf 2014), so just thinking if it is the same with T6.

Anyways, we need to see fault U101900 go away permanently. Have you read again the fault codes after clearing them? What fault codes do get now? If you still have U101900 that suggests the oil temp sensor might be faulty.

in a couple of days I go to the shop by a friend of mine to check the codes again ..... let's go what comes ... Meanwhile, thank you 1000, you are all special to help!

.. today we checked with the BoschEsitronic 2.0 tester, there are no errors of any kind, and entering the engine diagnostics resulted in the engine oil temperature of 90 degrees, so the relevant sensor is working ...
I remember that when the maintenance intervals with this Bosch diagnostics were reset, the PC had marked that the correct values would have been visible after a distance of 500 km ..... wait, otherwise I will try to disconnect the battery voltage. ..
regards

... nothing to do, today I disconnected the engine battery for more than an hour .... unfortunately it did not help to restore the oil temperature display ... and the 500 km from the reset have passed ... .

... I no longer see the temperature of the oil ... despite various attempts (battery disconnection etc ....) the temp is gone from the MFD .... and the diagnosis does not show any error ... a mystery ...
Thanks for the update. Was just wondering if this was resolved. Obviously not :(. Definitely a mystery.
Just a thought - can you check fault codes in Module 17-Instruments?

..con Carista e l'applicazione in versione Beta ho risolto il problema! .... Grazie

• Wow
..con Carista e l'applicazione in versione Beta ho risolto il problema! .... Grazie

..con Carista and the application in Beta version solved the problem! .... Thanks
Any details, what you did?

I followed your advice, dear friends ... I bought Carista and I was inserted tester beams of the Beta version, now 5.5, magically the engine oil temperature (which had disappeared) and the quantity of fuel to be add in the tank (but this unfortunately does not work ..) ...

.. scusa, non è questo l'argomento di questo thread, ma volevo chiederti: sulla mia Seat Leon quando tengo premuto il pulsante 00set sul cruscotto, compare la percentuale di carica, SOC, della batteria motore .... questo si può ottenere anche in California? ... Grazie

Back