Manifold flap actuator

BAZT6

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Gents
I have been getting my van running at long last but its not running well. I have found that the vacuum operated valve that moves the flap inside the EGR has got a broken plastic connector rod. I phoned TPS Canterbury who said that the vacuum operated valve is part of the EGR and I would have to buy the whole thing, £340 + VAT or Ebay £220 ish. Has anyone had this same problem or has anyone got an old EGR that has been changed out and is surplus to requirements that I could buy the vacuum valve from it. It seems very bad the vac valves can not be bought on their own. Cheers Barry2020-06-22 EGR valve 001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the EGR valve or the manifold flap actuator?

Yes its the vacuum control valve that I need if anyone has got one to sell.
Cheers Baz

I bet your local dealer would have a few old complete egr assemblies floating about? Unless they have to return them for exchange?

Assume the plastic is brittle? I'd have a go at joining those two bits of plastic with a paperclip and some epoxy etc.

Epoxy glue (araldite rapid) and a piece of tube slipped over both ends will get you on the road until you can replace it

Actuator arm repaired as suggested by DXX found a top from a pen that was a nice tight fit and glued it all together. Will replace when I can buy an actuator on its own. Van is still running rough. I have got a ambient air temp sensor coming to replace the missing one. Another fault that the van is showing is Exhaust gas temperature sensor 2 bank 1-circuit. I think this means that the sensor has lost connection. Sensors are available one is about £40 and the other is £120 +. I will check the wiring when I get a chance but does anyone know which sensor is which on the exhaust system?
Cheers Baz

Hello Loz
Thanks for the info on the connectors, I have found a broken plug under the bulkhead area in the engine bay. I have ordered another temp sender. When I pushed the wires together into the plug it cleared the fault on the van. This sensor and an ambient air temp sensor and I should be getting somewhere. Cooling fan is still showing a fault so I will have to have another look at that as well.
Cheers Baz

Reactions: Loz
Back