Lost Hi Beams During Fog Light Retrofit

Kaasu

Hey

Any ideas how to fix this i lost both hi beams when connecting fog light retrofit
dont get any fauld codes with vcds and not even didnt get fog lights working
all wires are right place i even have take fog light wires off but still no hi beams
all fuses are ok mesuring on under hi beam it sends there 1.7 volts

have you checked all the fuses thoroughly as there are separate fuses for the lamps, the stalk and the switch on the dash.

Hi got fog lights working stupid china made h11 led lamps can install wrong way socket fitting both ways but still no hi beams have check all fuses what i can find stupit vw dont have fuse diagram any moore on car manual and and checking all lights option on vcds if have mis clik something wrog
also trying install retrofit ops front and rear but cant find all options what need activate

Check the following fuses, SC3 & SC41 Both are Large Pink 30A square fuses SC8 & SC9 5A (orange) the fuses count up from bottom left.

There are fuse cards and lists in the vip downloads area.
upload_2018-3-3_14-19-19.png

If you have played around on VCDS you can disable and enable the lights. I discovered this when trying doing my h4-h4 conversion.

Have you got an original scan of the vehicle so that you know how it was originally?

nope i was noob and didnt save that
Check directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scans in your computer.
All your scans are there - also the ones you didn't explicitly save.

@Pauly was collecting scans to help build a data base of codes for different vam features. If you post with your van spec he may be able to help... but with so many different specs and things it may not be possible. The lesson is here is always do a pre-scan and save it.

If it was scanned with VCDS then it will be in the scan folder as linked above
I would start by resetting the BCM coding to factory

no luck on that folder going tomorrow on dealer and rolling eyes and wondering where hi beam are gone

no luck on that folder going tomorrow on dealer and rolling eyes and wondering where hi beam are gone
Better late than never.
The VCDS stores all coding and adaptation changes in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug so just locating first line for the module will reveal the original coding.
File CodingLog.CSV can be read using Windows Notepad.

Back