Fog light on with High beam

4motion2016

Hi,

Does anybody knows if it is possible to program in VCDS to turn the fog lights on when I switch on the high beam?
And of cours not the other way around, so that when I switch on the fog lights the high beam goes on as well.

To do it with wiring I know how to do it.
It is for a VW transporter t6 2016 4Motion LHD

Thanks

I think 'misuse of front foglamps' would come into play with that modification. Could fall under 'construction and use' legislation too. A retired real traffic officer will confirm this retired dog handlers limited knowledge soon

I don't agree that it is misus. As they will be turned off when main beam is turned off, no one will ever see them on.

The way I did it on my Amarok was to make a separate loom and do away with the fog light function all together. I uninstalled the fog lights with VCDS and swapped the headlight switch for one without the front fog light position.

if it is possible to program in VCDS to turn the fog lights on when I switch on the high beam?
Probably not. But can do the other way round - turn off the fog lights (front or rear) when high beam is switched on.

I don't agree that it is misus. As they will be turned off when main beam is turned off, no one will ever see them on.

The way I did it on my Amarok was to make a separate loom and do away with the fog light function all together. I uninstalled the fog lights with VCDS and swapped the headlight switch for one without the front fog light position.
Headlamp flash to warn another driver of your presence? Be seen then...

Headlamp flash to warn another driver of your presence? Be seen then...
Main beams in that situation will dazzle, along with auxiliary spot lights, light bars etc which are all allowed.

I know that's what's written, but then when used as cornering lights are they still fog lights?

If you’ve already put LED bulbs in your fog lights to get the ‘look’ there’s no additional light to be had by running together with high beam.
Might be white but useless as lights.

Just to go back to the point of misuse of fog lights. We have a Tiguan that has IQ LED lights. My understanding of how they work is they consist of around 12 LEDs in each lamp, each one directing light in a separate direction. Depending on where the light is needed, determines which LEDs are lit.

The car has a front fog light function, but no separate fog lamps. The fog light beam pattern is produced by a number of the LEDs being turned on in the headlights. When you select main beam, all 48 LEDs are lit, so technically, the front fog lights are on too.

I guess that with all these sew lighting system the law needs amending.

Back