Load Lashing Points - Removal

Mbr_tattoist

T6 Pro
Hi I’m just about to start the flooring and need to remove those load clip things, they are bolted with a star type nut, what size are they please

Can’t remember exact size but all the ones I found in van are either M8/M10/M12 spline bits (not torx or star) and this will fit floor lashing points and striker plates on locks etc
I got a kit of drivers to go on socket set from machine mart cheap enough, sub £20 I think ?

What do people normally do about the bolt holes when removing the load lashing points?
Fill with something?
Replace just the bolts?
Nothing?

So I’ve gone to remove the fixing points from the floor of my t6 and noticed that the old holes left go strait though to under the van leaving potential for moisture to build underneath the ply floor.

I’ve put the bolts back in without the fixing loops and they still suck out slightly

Is it best to leave them in and grind the top down or take them out totally and fill them with something?

If you're not planning on using them, I'd go with filling the holes with something like PU Adhesive Puraflex 40 and cover the holes underneath as well.
Of course, if you left them open and just coated the holes with some rust proofing treatment, they could act as drain holes should you get any spills inside the van.

Hi

i am due to line and then replace the ply floor in my t6 during the conversion. I want to remove the lash /tie downs points but that will leave holes in the floor....

has anyone found a rubber bung that fills the hole where the bolt would be etc. There appears to some for the t4 but the message doesn’t say where they got them from

all help and suggestions welcomed

cheers

Easy question for someone who's done this... The D shaped tie down rings in the interior of my shuttle and in my boot... They have a single torx bolt securing them to the van. If I remove the bolt, what's it screwed into? Is there a nut underneath that's going to fall off and be lost somewhere or is a captive nut / thread that's fixed to the floor?

I would like to remove the rings and use the bolt to fix some trays in my boot. I just don't fancy trying to hold a nut underneath. My hope is that it's a threaded hole, not a nut.

Easy question for someone who's done this... The D shaped tie down rings in the interior of my shuttle and in my boot... They have a single torx bolt securing them to the van. If I remove the bolt, what's it screwed into? Is there a nut underneath that's going to fall off and be lost somewhere or is a captive nut / thread that's fixed to the floor?

I would like to remove the rings and use the bolt to fix some trays in my boot. I just don't fancy trying to hold a nut underneath. My hope is that it's a threaded hole, not a nut.
It’s welded, no issues

They’re not welded on mine - they are riveted plates. Here is mine having a tap run through it to clear the threads…

Attachments

• 9D15634E-7449-41F9-8E32-2E8F3E0B9906.jpeg
    9D15634E-7449-41F9-8E32-2E8F3E0B9906.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 57
Took one out to fix a strong box and pushed the bolt down too hard. Bent the clip holding the square nut in place but easy to push back in place and the capture nut won't rotate but be warned

Back