Additional floor lashing rings?

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have a new T6 Kombi Highline. For the time being the floor is going to remain std, i.e. as delivered.

I have a need to secure two soft folding dog crates to the floor when travelling. The dog crates have lashing rings at each corner. I'm conscious that there are only (IIRC) 4 lashing points in the floor of the Kombi.

If I need to add more to give me some flexibility in the positioning of the dog crates, what would be the easiest way of achieving this? I have been looking at some simple marine stainless steel folding pad eye plates (like this: 4 x Stainless Steel Folding Pad Eye Lashing Plates Tie Down FREE SCREWS | eBay but how to fix these to the floor?

I'm assuming that there is no real thickness the floor as it is.

TIA :thumbsup:

It's worth noting in a kombi the front two are in front of the rear seats

Does anyone know whether a special tool is needed to remove the bolts from lashing points? I thought it was a T50 Tork but there are too few engagement points, it keeps slipping and I worried about rounding the bolt off. Thanks

It is definately a spline drive rather than a torx bit. Had my lashing points out yesterday in order to put my kombi bed back in ready for Busfest.

hi, any of you guys know the pitch of the lashing point screw threads in relation to the wheel arches and back of the van ( T6 swb)?

Back