Is this likely to be a roof rail leak ?

Adam Lucas

Carpenter
T6 Pro
Hi All , I removed my rubber load mat a couple of weeks ago to ply my floor and it was pretty wet under there , both my sliding windows were leaking so I assumed it was from them. I managed to stop the windows from leaking but today I removed the load lashing points to lay the altro flooring and it was wet under the two points around the c pillar on one side. I do have roof rails so is it just a matter of removing and re sealing the fixings on that side , do I need to buy any specific rubber washers or screw caps? Thanks

There’s a thread, leak free roof bars or something like that, search and have a read then refit yours and eliminate them leaking ever

Thinking about it I had the floor removed for a while whilst it was raining and there was no water , is it possible that water can come up from underneath while driving ?

Any humidity in the van will eventually condense and find it’s way to the lowest point, once under the mat it won’t be evaporating easily.

Ah that’s not great news for all my ply packing and floor , wished I had kept the rubber mat down.

I've just noticed my kombi has a wet floor also. I started sound deading yesterday so had the floor mat loose but now noticed a pool of water underneath it. I've traced it back to the roof bars by the rear hatch. Obvs been leaking for a while. I'm going to get a roof awning so will probably silicone the bolts in place. I did have 4 leaks before the winter but replaced them with rubber washers. Done the trick on the other 3!!!

That roof rail thread was great and I did one side today in between the rain showers, when I took the rail off you could clearly see that water has been running down the thread.
I’ll do the other side this week and hopefully that’s all the leaks fixed.
5B28B138-8973-4558-A1F9-22D10DAA6537.jpeg

Back