Load Lashing Points - Removal

Hi all, stupid question but if I wanted to remove the anchor points in a VW T6 I take it I would need to use a disc cutter. and they don’t just unscrew?
many thanks.

44EF5043-DAB9-44F5-8DAC-456386538A26.jpeg

42BEAA41-3C9C-4450-B548-847E99BBEDFD.jpeg

why not just unbolt them to remove them?

You need a spline set in your toolkit. Halfords sell them. Mostly 1/2” drive that fits on a standard socket set. Handy to have as 99% of bolts are splines!

I unscrewed mine and primed /painted then filled them with sealant prior to laying the flooring.

Might need to get to the underneath if the captive nut is spinning? May be different to the single bolt anchor points and have a nut on the other side??

Hi all, stupid question but if I wanted to remove the anchor points in a VW T6 I take it I would need to use a disc cutter. and they don’t just unscrew?
@Chris82 do you mean your tool is spinning the bolt without is loosening, or that it won’t turn to undo? Or are you asking “don’t they just unscrew”?

well I’m an idiot, I didn’t realise the black plastic domes came off and there was a bolt underneath

Thanks for all your replies though guys

Hi guys just a quick one im fitting my floor today and just want some reassurance that i can just remove them and they have no other structural reason for the bolts to have to stay in the floor

thanks

you are fine to remove them, just a type of captive nut in the floor to accept the bolt nothing more elaborate than that

Back